Sunday, August 19, 2018

Boys Week, Girls Week, And Dates

This past week it was just us girls at home while Chris and Myles were at scout camp.
Scout camp was out at the coast, and Chris and Myles spent as much time as they could down at the tide pools. It was about a six mile hike round trip from the camp to the tide pools. It was fun to get pictures throughout the week from Chris and others in the ward that were there.


 These were two other dads that went from our ward.

 Watching the sun set.
 
 

 Myles did archery, sculpting, and woodworking. This sculpture is "The Thinker".
 I think Myles was just happy to spend his free time at the beach.They found a lot of sand-dollars and other shells.

Chris tried out the rifle range at Scout camp. He got into the dime club meaning he got his shots all in the size of a dime, the quarter club meaning he grouped his shots in the size of a quarter. 



While the boys were having fun at camp, us girls were having fun at home.
We watched lots of movies and British tv series. We loved the movie Wonder. At the end the girls looked over at me and asked if I was crying. My reply was "Yes, of course I am", as I scooped up Molly and cried into her fur. We had lots of treats, went to Lewisville Park, and relaxed. We did spend a lot of time indoors because the air quality was so bad here with smoke from the fires. Aeva and I had a date. Both girls wanted to make sure they got their own date with me before they  leave.
Aeva and I had a lot of fun on our date, and she found two shirts (both for under $10 total). Here is one she found:

We laughed about this shirt. I didn't get it, but we thought it was fitting:
We also stopped at Craftwarehouse. Aeva and I both got something to paint. I have been wanting to do something with my earrings and found something similar to what I had in mind for a decent price. We had fun painting together. 
 
On Thursday Rhaevyn went to a swing dance at a friend's house. They  live up above Battle Ground, and this was the sunset from up on the hill. The picture really does not do it justice:

 I downsized and rearranged this past week.


 While down the hot glue aisle at Walmart Meg tried out the pompoms.


 All of us girls got our hair cut on Tuesday. That was a must before the trip. I had watched my friend's boys a couple of weeks back in exchange for haircuts. This was truly a blessing because it  helped on the pocket book, especially with all the work we've had to do on the suburban lately. We are all so happy with our new dos. I wasn't able to get a picture of Rhaevyn, but she got her hair cut a bit shorter with her layers trimmed.
Meg was thrilled to have short hair again.


Elsa went back and forth on getting her hair cut, but ultimately decided that she wanted it shorter.

 

 I love how fast it is to do my hair. I wish I had the patience to grow it long, but the reality is I don't, and I don't like to spend a lot of time doing my hair. I've got better things to spend my time on I guess. I joke that I should just buy a wig of long hair so that I can just wear that when I feel like having long hair.

 Haircut day could not come fast enough for Aeva. She is much happier now that her hair doesn't look out of control.
 Rhaevyn and I had our date Saturday. We had fun trying on clothes and going to shops we've never gone into before. She found a cute blouse for school. We shared a smoothie filled with boba, or tapioca, and a sandwich. We watched the cutest bunny clean himself at the pet shop (it was adorable), and of course we stopped at our favorite place to go together "Goodwill". She found a cute mug to put her pens and pencils in. One that will make her think of me,  ha ha ha................a Winnie the Pooh mug.

Image result for Mug with Eeyore, tigger, and piglet with winnie on the handle

 I did my best on both dates not to totally lose it, and when I felt the tears coming to really try and reign them in. I feel like the sands in the hour glass are pouring out like a landslide, and I am desperately trying to scoop up the sand and put it back into the glass to no avail. If I could just put on the brakes and slow things down I would, but the reality is I have four more days with my two oldest girls in this house until Christmas time. I am having to face the reality that things will change. Our family dynamics will change, and it simply will not be the same as it has been for the past 19 years. My  head knows that this must be, that it is a good thing. This is what we do our best to achieve one day; for our kids to be ready to fly and take that leap out of the nest. To spread their wings and fly to new adventures and heights. However, my heart is having a hard time with this.
I am so, so excited for them, and at the same time I am just not ready.................this moment is so very bittersweet.
 It is moments like this that I am going to miss......................

 And now I need to go find a box of Kleenex............

No comments: