I don't think we were quite prepared for how long it would take to find parking up by the Wilkinson Center, walk, walk and walk, get their ID cards, and purchase two packets and one book that Aeva still needed.
Plus we needed a few souvenirs......because, yes, I needed one of these for my car:
Elsa wanted a shirt for her souvenir and a picture with the bronze Cosmo the Cougar. I was snickered at by some BYU students when I asked if we were getting close to the Wilkinson Center; hey, I haven't been there in six years. Chris and I came up with so many good things to say after the fact. Oh well, I didn't take it personally. Chris and I both had a good laugh about it.
I could get used to this beautiful view. I love the Wasatch Mountains! In fact when we could finally see the Wasatch Mountains on Sunday, Myles said "Whoaaaaaa!", and he whipped out his camera.

Chris helped the girls get checked in at the Cannon Center while the rest of us found a parking spot by May Hall. We got all the boxes, clothes, bedding, etc to their rooms. It was a long walk up two and three flights of stairs several times. There are no elevators. There weren't too many girls moving in yet. We got to meet the RA's. Both seemed nice and really helpful. Aeva's actually came down and helped bring some of her stuff up to her room.
Rhaevyn's dorm floor:
It looks like a busy hallway, but those people are all Lindsays 😊
The bathroom:
It is a dorm for men, but they rotate because the girls are not as harsh on the dorms as the guys are.
We snagged a campus map from here:
Aeva's floor was not quite decorated yet, but she did have her name on her door. Yes, you will see that it does not say Aeva, and that is because she is gong by her middle name.
After we finished unloading the car we went to Chuck-A-Rama for lunch. It's been six years since I had one of these, and now I am set for another six years.
Mmmmmm..........scones with honey butter.....
After lunch we headed off to Loveland Living Planet Aquarium. I think this was a must for all of us, but especially Aeva.This was such a neat place. We enjoyed every aspect and exhibit. It was our one splurge for this trip and worth every penny.
I find jellyfish mesmerizing. I love how graceful they are.
We loved being able to touch starfish, anemones, sting rays, and spotted rays. Very cool!!
We especially enjoyed walking through the "300,000-gallon shark exhibit with a 40-foot tunnel"
Watching this turtle swim was amazing!!
Two of of my favorite pictures right here:
We also really enjoyed the butterfly exhibit. My phone died before I could get a picture of each of us holding butterflies. 😞
I think we could have spent more time there, although, we had already spent at least two hours. Alas, it was announced over the loud speaker that they were closing.
Rhaevyn took pictures, but I am not sure when she will send them to me. In the meantime these will have to do. She did take a picture of this:
The waffles that we ordered were the two bottom ones on the left and the right.
Rhaevyn got:
Super Yummy!!






















































No comments:
Post a Comment