Sunday, August 26, 2018

Stop Over and Visit with Grandma and Grandpa Lindsay

We had a wonderful visit with Christopher's parents. They took us on a picnic and hike at Cleo's Ferry Museum and  Nature Trail in Melba , Idaho.  It's really a neat place with lots of uplifting and thought provoking signs, cute and unique birdhouses, and bronze statues. There is a really interesting museum which houses historical medical items. I think the highlight might have been feeding the peacocks right out of our hands.
I love these statues when you first start the trail. Reminds me of homeschooling all my little chicks. 


 I had this quote in my head the entire trip. Don't cry because your 24/7 time is up with the older girls. Smile because you got 19 + 17 3/4 years with them ๐Ÿ’•

 
 I love these two pictures:
 
 
 This made me think of letting my birds spread their wings and fly from the nest................do you see a theme here?????
 

 No one was around to take a picture of Aeva with one of these statues, so she took a picture of Elsa instead.
 

 
 Myles loved all the lizards that were scampering about.



 
  It seems like just yesterday this was Rhaevyn and Aeva...............


The Snake River

 Taking a rest in the shade:
 The peacocks!!!! They were so cute and pretty and so cool!!


 

 I loved this shot. The little peacock peeking his head up wondering if there was another morsel for him.


 
Myles, Elsa, and Meg played Parcheesi with Grandma Saturday night. Uncle Jon stopped by for a visit, and the older girls and I watched "Miracle Down Under" with Grandpa. I hadn't watched that since I was a young teenager on the Disney Chanel. It was a treat for sure!




Myles just loved to sit in front of the kitchen window and watch the hummingbirds. He already has plans drawn out for a butterfly/bird garden here at home.

Sunday morning we headed off to Utah leaving Molly behind. We knew she was in good hands and just hoped she would be really good and behave herself. Mom and Dad were truly lifesavers to take care of her for us. Thank you!!! ๐Ÿ’–

No comments: