Saturday, June 28, 2008

Heat Wave

The weather icon on our desktop says Battle Ground is at 100 degrees right now.
However, the thermometer hanging outside my kitchen window says it's 110.
I have two wonderful words for you... "air conditioning!"
I pretty much remain indoors in this kind of weather. I should clarify. I remain indoors, like a hermit, when the temperature starts rising above 80.
After that I just start melting, and it isn't a pretty site.
Yesterday, the kids talked me into sitting outside, in the shade, while they cooled off and got some of their energy out running through the sprinkler.
They had a blast.

Myles has learned where all the good food and snacks are. I can't take my eyes off him for one minute. He has learned the art of pulling a chair over to the appropriate spot, and then he proceeds to climb up onto the counter to eat til his heart is content, or rather until his stomach is content.

Happy Eating Everyone!

No comments: