Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Lewisvill & Wisdom Teeth

Aeva wanted to do something fun before getting her wisdom teeth out on Tuesday. I asked her what she thought would be fun, and she suggested Lewisville Park. We ended up not getting there until the evening, but that was okay because then Chris was able to come along.

There were a couple of guys floating down the river on their rubber duck floaties.I want to do this someday.





Poor Elsa slipped and face planted on the rocks. She got a bit of a bloody nose.


Dead crawdad

Bottom feeder
Chris's rock skills

Aeva's rock skills
We found this odd little creature in the water and watched him walk around carrying his house. We put him up on a rock so we could investigate further. He had a really pretty shell.

We learned that it is a caddisfly larvae. They secrete a sticky silk from their mouth and use that with other stuff from their habitat like leaves and rocks,etc., to make their little shell.

The kids tried skipping rocks and just plain throwing rocks into the river.

 


 
 The girls got their wisdom teeth out Tuesday, bright and early (8:30 am). They were troopers! They did  much better than I did when I got mine out as a teenager. I took both girls in the car while Chris dropped off the other three at Jill's house. Then he met me at the oral surgeon's office. I took Aeva home, and he brought Rhaevyn home. Rhaevyn walked into the house all by herself, practically bouncing. That caught me off guard. She was so cute. She couldn't stop laughing for the longest time. She used pencil and paper the first 24 hours to let us know her needs. When the nurse wheeled Aeva out to the car she was talking away in Japanese. I didn't understand much, but I understood "yes". It was a lot like 20 questions when it came to deciphering what she was saying, what she needed, or what she wanted. I did also understand the word "dog" when she kept saying the word and patting the spot next to her.This went on for several hours. It wasn't until around one in the afternoon before she started speaking English again.


Here is a link to the short video I took of Aeva as we left the oral surgeon's office:
 
 https://youtu.be/9nFKbi6KVis

 It has been a rather  hard week with the girls recovery. There cheeks are finally looking more normal and not so much like chipmunks. Aeva had bruising under her eyes. She finally moved back into her room last night. Yesterday both girls finally ventured outside of liquids as far as food. They both really, really want a hamburger. 

I've been busy crafting the past few days and having fun:
 My friend was getting ride of these jars. I spiffed them up a bit and gave them a new home.

 We gave the fridge a bit of a facelift
Myles and I found a frame for his puzzle. Puzzles have such odd measurements. With Chris's help we made it work.

 Myles helped me give this picture a little pick me up. I like the frame he picked out.

 
 I took the old frame from the picture above and painted it. Then I printed out a picture for it for the master bathroom.

 I took the baby pictures  of Rhaevyn out of this frame, and I cried when I did it. To think my little baby is grown up. Oh! It went too fast.  It was time to put new pictures into this frame. I printed out some pictures to put in it for the hall bathroom.
I redid the front door sign. It's magnetic now!
 


Lastly, no more wires!!! It's only been since November😀
 Elsa was so sweet to sew up Meg's monkey this past week. It was losing its arms and tail. She did a wonderful job putting it all back together.

 


 

 

 The ever growing plants on my kitchen window sill. The avocado plants are getting so big and leafy.
You may notice a new addition. Myles got his birthday present a little early. It's a Venus flytrap.


  Fourth of July hot dog roasting:
 




 This big spider was crawling towards Myles as he roasted his hotdog.
 


I'll end here so that I can just get this posted.

No comments: