Everyone has a certain chore to do around the house; Chris and I are in charge of our bedroom and bathroom. He took care of everything yesterday while I went and got my nails done. My friend, who is also my hairdresser and one of my visiting teaching sisters, did my nails for free. I've never had gel polish before. I love how they turned out, and I love the colour! There is just something about having your nails done. I just feel extra pretty. :)
When I got home from getting my nails done the Aeva and Chris had weeded and put fresh mulch in my front flower bed. Rhaevyn had pruned the little rose bush too, and Aeva had washed the front window, the kitchen window, and the sliding glass door (inside and out on all). It didn't cost money and those were simple acts, but it meant so much to me! Those were absolutely wonderful birthday surprises <3 br="">3>
While I ran to Walmart with Rhaevyn Chris got another birthday surprise ready. I came up the walk and heard.............a wind chime! He had taken the kids to pick this beautiful one out. I love the sound. My other wind chime had broken months ago, and that is one thing that I really wanted for my birthday.
Chris treated me to lunch yesterday afternoon, and then we went and tried out some goodies at a Russian Bakery. Everything looked so good. It was hard to choose. Chris got a tulip cup with chocolate mousse, and I tried cannolis. I've never had them before; these were made with soft waffle cones filled with whipped cream and dipped in chocolate at either end. Absolutely scrummy!
I brought home a rose macaroon for Rhaevyn and I to share.
I finished off Saturday evening attending the spring orchestra performance of the Pacific Northwest Symphonic Pops Orchestra. I got to listen to my favorite violinist!
Chris picked her out some beautiful white roses:

Molly was happy to have Rhaevyn home after her performance. Gotta love the demon dog eyes!
With much thanks to my parents and Christopher's parents I was able to treat myself to a few things for my birthday:
Shoes! I had bought a pair of Converse for Aeva that were brand new at a second hand store, and I love them. She has been so cute to let me borrow them a few times. I decided that it would be really lovely to have my own pair. Lucky me found them on sale in the kids section at a store here in town :) I paid half of what they were at the mall. Sometimes it pays to have small feet. I had a hard time deciding on a color, but settled for a pair in blue.
I have also really wanted a full length mirror. It comes in handy to be able to see your entire self rather than just from the waist up. It gets used by everyone in the house, and we've even
And new drinking glasses!! The ones I had from several years ago had all broken. We had one remaining and had resorted to drinking from the plastic kid cups you can buy at IKEA. I love my new ones!! They are so pretty :)
The kids and I have been enjoying the beautiful weather that we've gotten in between the rain here. We went and walked Officer's Row and went to the really big playground near the college.




The neighbors in back of us were cleaning out their garage and gave Meg a little bike. It looks like it hasn't had much use. Meg was so excited. Guess it is time to start her on the scooter so she can learn to balance and ride her bike without training wheels.
Chris getting some laughs from the kids:
And here I am with my handsome man and best friend by my side as I turn 44!
I'll end by sharing a small clip from the opening song from the orchestra performance last night;
Moonlight Serenade. It is one of my all time favorites, and it's "our" song. <3 br="">3>
Click on the link to view it. You won't see much, but enjoy listening to it :) If you don't see the link just hover over the spot with your mouse and it will pop up.
https://youtu.be/A81o-MxRcVU
















No comments:
Post a Comment