Rhaevyn found a beautiful Hanbok on Ebay. The colors are gorgeous on her. It was such a great price, and tailor made to fit her.
A bit of painting while Myles and Elsa did schoolwork. Myles hurried to get his schoolwork done so he could paint with Meg.
Each day when we pick the girls up from school we take the freeway. As we come to the end of the off ramp there is a stoplight and always a homeless person there; not always the same person though.
This last Friday Elsa said she really felt like she was supposed to make a lunch for the person there that day. Before we went to pick up the girls she made a pbj and found some other items to put in a Ziplock bag. I had to go really slow off the freeway to make sure that we would have a red light to stop and hand the lunch to the homeless man. I rolled down the window and explained that Elsa wanted to make sure he had a lunch that day. He was very grateful and told Elsa that he would share with someone so she would actually be feeding two people. She was feeling a bit shy and looked down, and he told her not to be embarrassed because she has a really good heart. That made her smile really big. I love this girl of mine. I love that she is always looking to make someone's day a bit better and brighter. She always loves to tell random people at church or at the store how much she likes their smile, shirt, hair, eyes, etc. It is one thing that people at church comment about the most when they talk about Elsa. I hope her heart always stays so sweet.
Friday afternoon, after I picked the girls up from school, Aeva and I headed up north to see Ben and Stacey. While there we went to the Kyoto Antique Sale in hopes of finding an Obi for her kimono. We had no such luck, but had a fabulous time looking around at all the antiques, going to Uwajimaya Japanese Market and bookstore, and visiting with Ben and Stacey. Aeva got to play a game with Ben using the VR headset.
Aeva loves Japanese Noh Masks



Molly got a haircut yesterday. My friend who grooms her is moving to Utah in about a week. We are sad to see her go. She is so great with Molly. Time to find a new groomer :(
Doesn't Molly look like such a little lady??? She even behaved to have shaved paws. I love the little bows in her hair :)

Other news:
Myles started his cello lessons. He is over the moon and loves his teacher.
Aeva and Rhaevyn are learning to play a violin/piano duet. It sounds absolutely beautiful. If I can manage it I'll get footage of it for the next post. It is titled Arirang and is Korean. If you'd like to hear what the song is you can go to this site:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkM_LXUCMeA
The Primary President enjoyed Aeva's talent so much at Elsa's baptism that she asked if Aeva would play the piano for the baptism this Saturday.
The orchestra that Rhaevyn plays in is going to be performing this Saturday evening. Aeva and I are going to go, as is their seminary teacher. I can't wait to hear what they've been practicing.
Okay, I think I've covered what I can remember and am caught up on our current events.









No comments:
Post a Comment