Sunday, May 28, 2017

Chugging Along

 Spring and Summer weather, it seems, has finally arrived. So has all the pollen. It looked like it was snowing here yesterday with all the pollen. We've had some fun filled and busy weeks, and we are all looking forward to summer break!

I've been helping my best friend clean her parents' house since they are moving. It has been so much fun to work with her and to see the transformation after the cleaning. We went through a cedar chest and looked at old family heirlooms. This was one of them. This little outfit is from Japan, and is now in Aeva's possession. Meg decided that she wanted to try it on, and I was surprised that she could button the frog closures all by herself.




We went shopping the other day, and I had to just smile at my Miss Meg in her galoshes. This is pretty much her choice of shoes lately, as they don't cause her too much trouble with all her sensory issues.
 This past Thursday Aeva, Chris, and I attended the Oswald awards at the college. It was so fun to go and support Aeva when she received her award for Outstanding Student in an ASCC Program.








After the award ceremony was over Aeva wanted to walk along the Columbia River. The weather was gorgeous, and there were a lot of sailboats out. We were treated to sights of a bunny, a snake, and a lizard too.







Yesterday Meg slipped and fell in the kitchen. She now is the proud owner of a big bruised and fat lip. Poor girl was a trooper despite all the blood. She hasn't let it slow her down at all.

Today Aeva played the piano in church. She accompanied two other YW, and she was absolutely  excited that they had asked her to play the piano for their musical number. I think it was fun for her piano teacher, who taught her several years ago, to see her play.


Myles finally got his mop cut. We can now see his eyes and ears again!



Aeva attended a cultural event at school Thursday. She got to wear a Yukata and helped out her Japanese teacher at the origami table. She had a wonderful time.

Aeva kept Meg entertained one day last week by giving her a cat face. Meg thought this was the best thing ever until she discovered it didn't come off very easily.

Aeva has been taking some cute pictures of Molly lately:





 
Friday night our ward had an activity: Temples Around the World. Rhaevyn did the Seoul, Korea Temple, and Aeva and I did the Sapporo, Japan Temple. It was a lot of fun, and we learned new things we did not know about all the temples on display. The girls wanted to have some treats at their table from Japan and Korea, so Thursday we made a quick trip to Costplus World Market and another local store to find what they wanted. While we perused Costplus I came across Turkish Delight with Rose Jelly. When Rhaevyn was younger she used to love this as a treat, but the store has not carried it for several years. I bought her two packets and surprised her when I picked her up from class on Thursday. She was soooo over the moon tickled pink about it!



Rhaevyn and I found this adorable dress for Aeva at the local Goodwill. She wore it to school last Friday. It even has little bunnies on the collar; Aeva loves bunnies :)




This is one of our favorite things about this time of year................the baby spiders!

And twenty-three years ago today Chris and I were married. It think it is safe to say that these lyrics from a song do a great job of summing up our feelings simply:
I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow

We had a nice simple dinner out last night with an evening walk along Officers Row followed by frozen custard for dessert.










We were talking about how 23 years ago we had no idea the twists and turns our married life would take or all the valleys, mountains, and beautiful meadows we would walk together. We are so thankful that we've had each other to share all the tough, disappointing, rewarding, and joyous moments.

That has been the last two weeks in simplified terms. Forward we go into June!!

No comments: