Sunday, May 14, 2017

Great Week


 It has been a great week. Busy, but great!
Three of us got our haircut this past week since my hairdresser is downsizing her workload for a bit. Elsa got a lot of her hair chopped off, and I think she looks adorable with her new do.



Wednesday the little kids had some friends over who are moving to Utah. The friends came to play so their mom could get some packing done. This is Meg with their youngest, Scarlett. These two are literally two peas in a pod. They laugh the same and have a lot of the same mannerisms, plus they both have blonde curly hair. They played so sweet together.



Yesterday Rheavyn and Aeva went to set up an art exhibit at the college. Their pottery teacher specifically requested their help. These are pictures of their pottery work. Rhaevyn did a nose with flags from all over the world. Someone from the campus newspaper came and took a picture of her work. Aeva did an ear with insects painted on it.


Exciting news for Aeva! She was nominated for the OSWALD award at Clark College by her Japanese instructor. I think the note we received said that only 100 students are awarded this award each year at the college out of a student body of 13,000.


My best friend's parents are getting ready to move, so Aeva and I went to help do some packing yesterday. There is a lot of wildlife out where they live, and we were treated to some up close nature yesterday.

This is a Western Tanager. There were two of them, and they are so beautiful. I love the  bright colors.


 
 

 Just before I left to go home my friend's dad caught a baby opossum. He was so adorable!


















Here are two random pictures from this week:

I thought this was so cute; Myles and Meg hanging out watching a short cartoon clip on tv.

 
Molly huddled under Myles's blankets, pillow, and stuffed animals.


Lastly......
my Mother's Day picture of 2017


I feel incredibly blessed to be the mother of these sweet and precious children. They never cease to amaze and teach me, and their love and forgiveness of my impatience and faults knows no bounds.  I cherish this tribe of mine! I had five sweet and unique Mother's Day cards today from them, and Chris made me one himself that is priceless. I got teary eyed reading each one. Rhaevyn secretly bought blackberries last night to make me fresh scones this morning which was funny because I bought blackberries last night too. I was going to ask her to make me scones this morning. Mother's Day has been positively wonderful :)

No comments: