Sunday, March 13, 2016

Harry Potter, Hail, and History

We started off the week with FHE which consisted of playing Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit while listening to various HP soundtracks on Pandora. That was really fun, and Team Rha-Aeva won.

Myles had a history/science/art lesson, all in one, learning about the huge pictures done by the Nazca People in ancient Peru. He was learning how to take a small picture and replicate it at a bigger size. This is his bigger drawing of Snoopy that he did.
 

His second history/science lesson was on the Hindenburg. We looked at pictures of it; the inside and the explosion. Then we watched a documentary about it. Myles did an experiment with aluminum, wood, and cotton fabric to see how each one burned.
 
 
 
 

Elsa is learning to play the piano. We found some free lessons. She is on lesson two and loves it! She has mastered the musical alphabet and can play Hot Cross Buns. We'll see how she does moving forward, but so far so good.
She also lost her two top front teeth last night. I love how cute kids look when they lose those teeth and how they talk.
Did I mention that Rhaevyn taught her very first violin student two weeks ago? It went really well. I think this is going to be a great growing and learning experience.

I signed the girls up for driving classes this past week. In just a few weeks I will have two girls learning how drive and actually driving!!!!! I can't believe we are at this stage! I feel like I was just taking driver's ed.

We've had quite the weather this week. Lots of rain, wind, and hail. We even had a rainbow. The kids were out on the trampoline when the hail started coming down. They were hollering and laughing so loud and having a good time.

Well, I did manage to get the quilt top done. I found some pink material for the binding, and the backing is the lightest pink flannel. Now I just need to put it all together. I love that the colors look so dainty.

I'll end with some cute pictures and a funny story.

So, we are on the last season of the Waltons. The kids have really enjoyed watching the show, and I love watching it with them. I recently cleaned out the pantry, and Myles saw this mason jar. A friend had given it to me with her recipe for Marsala Chicken. He asked what was in the jar. I told him it was wine for cooking. So, he got out a Sharpie and wrote this on the lid:
The Recipe
Baldwin (for the Baldwin Sisters)
1910
He informed me it's better if it's an older date..................which he did learn from the Baldwin Sisters on the Waltons. I just had to giggle. 




When I first looked a this picture I thought Aeva was really flexible with her leg up like that until I realized it was Meg's leg. The kids were having fun outside with the camera.


No comments: