Thursday was the day I dropped off 27 quilts to the Family Birth Center at one of the local hospitals. I also took in 4 quilts, which were more juvenile, to the chaplain.
Myles and I left the four quilts at the front desk, as the chaplain's office was closed. After we walked around the water feature and went up to the 8th floor to look out over the city and hospital campus, we decided to have dinner. That was really a lot of fun. Once we were done, Myles placed the tray on the conveyor belt. I started to walk away and noticed he was still standing there. I felt like we should stay put so he could do what he wanted: watch his tray continue on into the kitchen. And it was a good thing we did because as we walked back down the hall to the elevator I noticed a lady with the name tag "Mary Catherine", the chaplan. I introduced myself, and she said she had meant to return my call the previous day. She was so excited to see me because she had wanted to tell me this:
She usually only keeps about 12 blankets on hand. Usually baby ones because she is called when there is a child or baby in the ER. Last week she had used her very last blanket for a three month old in the ER who died of SIDS. She was wondering where she was now going to get more quilts. That is when I showed up with four for her. We talked about how there are no coincidences, how God answers prayers, and how good he is. It was such a sweet tender mercy.
Myles and I walked around the water feature again and then met Chantelle, my contact person. She was amazed and so appreciative. It was a wonderful, happy day!
I wanted to share this. It is what I posted on Facebook.
Thank you all for the prayers and happy thoughts sent my way today. What
an amazing experience to drop off the quilts. I have a testimony that
there are no coincidences; that “God does watch over us and does notice
us, but it is usually through someone else that he meets our needs";
that God is good
I also want to say a big thank you to my family who has supported me
with Project Mother of an Angel Baby. They truly were selfless and gave
up a lot of their time so that I could make quilts this summer. I am so
blessed
Myles had a hike today at Moulton Falls up the road with all the Cub Scouts in our ward. Aeva, Elsa, and Chris went with him. After the hike and lunch, they went to Cedar Creek Grist Mill.
Mylse was so excited to bring me home flour so that I can make bread or cookies.
Friday evening Chris and I took Rhaevyn and Aeva to the temple for baptisms.
What a sweet and wonderful experience that was.
Thursday evening the girls had a lesson on cupcake decorating at their YW activity.They had a lot of fun and were sweet to share their bounty.
Miss Elsa dressed up as Galinda from Wicked.
Lastly, I wanted to share this. I know not everyone is on Facebook, but this is what I put on the actual page for Project Mother of an Angel Baby.
As I stood at the edge of my precipice several months ago, my heart
breaking into a million pieces, my Heavenly Father inspired me with an
idea to help me on my journey as I picked up the pieces of my broken heart.
Out of my grief of having to say goodbye, in this life, to my sweet
little one that I held so briefly, Project Mother of an Angel Baby was
in a sense "born." Through this project God has shown me that focusing
on others helps to lessen my sadness.
Although today was not the
hospital visit that I had envisioned would take place this month when we
found out last December that we would be welcoming another dear little
one into our family, it was a sweet experience none the less.
I was prepared for a lot of tears today, but amazingly it was a day full of peace, happiness, and tender mercies.
Since announcing this project in April, my heart has been so full of
gratitude for my Heavenly Father, my Savior Jesus Christ, and for all of
those who have given assistance and encouragement. The support for this
project has been shown in so many ways: sharing the project on
Facebook, contributions of coupons, monetary funds and fabric, the
donation of beautiful homemade quilts, help with tying, quilting, and
binding quilts, as well as the making of the logo and cards for the
quilts. Please know that all of this has been so very much appreciated. I
have felt blessed and humbled to witness these kindnesses. Each act of
support and kindness has been like a personal hug for me and has helped
to ease my heartache.
Words do not seem adequate to express just how
grateful and thankful I am for all the help and encouragement I have
received for Project Mother of an Angel Baby.
My hope and prayer is
for the continuing support as I move forward with this project with
more quilt collections in the future.
Thank you and may God bless each of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment