Saturday, June 20, 2009

For Chris


Christopher,
what an amazing father you are.
I love that it is so apparent how much each of our children loves you. I love that time is, for them, measured by how many hours it is until you get off of work. And how by 3:00 pm they are watching out the window for your car. I love that as soon as they see that you have come home they are either out the door or at the door to greet you with squeals of delight and hoorays.
I love how the girls meticulously plan for dates with you, and what a good sport you are with them, going to the mall to let them try on fancy dresses or to the Indian shop to browse the goodies, and then out for a bite to eat (even if it is just a Frostie at Wendy's). I am fascinated at the lengths they go to to make sure you get treats, like when Rhaevyn only has a coupon and money enough for one root beer float she shares it with you.
I love watching Myles get so excited about playing race cars with you, or just watching race cars with you, and flying his kite with you.
I love the way you spend time with them: kite flying, star gazing with your telescope, playing at the playground, or just going on a walk.
I love how patient and loving you are with our children.
My favorite memory with each of them is when you hold them for the first time when they are born. It is mesmerizing just watching you gaze, with such affection and amazement, into their little faces.
I am so thankful to be blessed with such an incredible husband and am so grateful that our children have been blessed with such a wonderful, loving daddy.
I love you, dear!

No comments: