"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!" ~Thomas Jefferson
We had a wonderful 4th and hope that you did as well.
We started off the day with a walk to the school playground where Myles didn't quite get his fill of swinging and going down the slide.
Then in the latter part of the day we read about the Revolutionary War, chowed down on BBQ'd hamburgers and delighted our tummies with chocolate chip cookies.
Our day was topped off with an array of awesome fireworks, which we enjoyed just outside our front door.
I have to say, this is one of the best things about living here in the green state of Washington.
When darkness finally arrived, we armed the kids with sweaters, cotton balls for their ears and a pair of safety goggles for Aeva, and then we set out to enjoy a great display of colors in the sky.
"In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
1 comment:
I'm jealous. Our fourth of July... well... it didn't feel like the fourth of July. I think one of the best 4th's I ever had was in Washington. Love your music too :)
Post a Comment