Sunday, September 13, 2020

Hello, hello, hello!

 Let me first start out by saying that if you received an invite for the blog it's because I made the blog "not public." Hopefully this doesn't inconvenience anyone, but I felt the time had come make it only accessible to family and friends. Please let me know if you are unable to view it. 

My apologies for not posting sooner. Life has just been a bit of a frenzy and roller coaster lately, but I think, or rather hope, things are going to start settling down now.

Okay, I'll probably do just a few small posts, which will be out of order as far as what happened when.

Myles made a tank drum. 

He learned some valuable skills like cutting, welding, polishing, and even tuned his drum. The kids enjoy playing it.



The finished product.


The little girls and I had a little pedicure and manicure party the day before I was to leave on my trip.




Rhaevyn, my best friend, and I had a girls' trip planned to Utah to pick up Rhaevyn's belongings. Everything started out well. Long story short, the car started acting up about 3 1/2 hours into the trip, and after much deliberating over the pros and cons of continuing on, prayer and pondering, we felt like turning back to go home was the right choice. The car ran fine for another hour or so and then started acting up again. We spent the evening in The Dalles, and made the best of the situation. We had dinner out, went swimming (in a pool all to ourselves thanks to Covid-19), played a round of Five Crowns, and had a delightful breakfast before starting for home. We made it home just fine. So much for a longer girls' trip, but we did enjoy our time together!



A nice older Gentleman and his wife, arriving for dinner, was sweet to offer to take our picture out in front of the restaurant.


The restaurant is famous for its huge cinnamon rolls. We got one to share for our dessert back at the hotel.

And my catch up post #1 is now complete!

No comments: