Sunday, September 13, 2020

  Apparently I had started this post and forgotten about it. Here goes....

 

This is what shopping with Myles is like...............laughter ensues every time!


Rhaevyn is loving her new job! We braved Goodwill for some slacks. I hadn't realized she left most of her clothes behind in Utah that would be business casual. She talked me into this shirt while we were there. We just crossed our fingers that our purchases would fit when we got home since you can't try anything on. I really love the blouse and it goes nicely with these capris that a friend had given me. I've not owned a pair of white pants since I was 12, but I think it's a nice ensemble.


 I haven't worn my hair down in about a month. I decided to straighten it too. And, my face is really starting to return to normal.


**Update: Rhaevyn loved her job for the first week or two, but it rather went down hill from there. While all the other clinics had two to three persons manning the check in desk for temperature taking and masking up, our local clinic in town was the only one that didn't. So, Rhaevyn was on her own. As tensions mounted over policy changes and having to mask up, she decided that she was not going to try and stick it out until the end of September. I think the deciding factors were when two workers employed by the same clinic were injured by patients who were upset over the policies and masks. One worker, doing the same job as Rhaevyn (at another building), was thrown up against the wall. Then a nurse had her foot slammed in the door by a patient. I think being up at the front alone, where no one could see if something was going wrong, wasn't good. She had a couple people on drugs come in as well. Luckily there always seemed to be a patient who would come in right after and ask if Rhaevyn was okay. Having the job was a good experience, but she is happy to be done with it and starting school up again. She's got quite a full load.

 I love hearing the kids sing together when they watch movies together. This one was a Barbie movie.


Myles brought me a beautiful lily from his garden.


Myles's first time shaving!! We all had to watch!
I had gone to Trade Joe's and found this sweet mini bouquet. I got it for Rhaevyn because she had come home from work the day before sobbing. When I told the cashier, at Trader Joe's, why I was buying it she said it was on them. She asked to pass a message on to Rhaevyn to keep her chin up! I just thought that was so unbelievably kind and generous.

Since all of the highland games have been cancelled for the year, Elsa asked to have her hair cut short.

Before

After
My garden is producing some very yummy tomatoes. Nothing else has survived thanks to the squirrels!
Myles helped Chris repair our back sliding screen door.
The BYU sticker is gone on the Volvo and has been replaced.....

Rhaevyn painted some new postcards. One for a friend of ours.........

This is a watercolor of her barn. She absolutely loved it.

Rhaevyn painted the sailboats for Uncle Bob.


Rhaevyn and I took a little trip to the Saturday Farmers' market in Vancouver. She decided to treat herself to a bouquet of flowers. They were beautiful and smelled soooo good! She made a small bouquet from it for me and put it in my room.



Aeva did a painting from a picture that was taken from our neighborhood several years ago.
Elsa made a purse for her Barbies.
One Sunday Meg and I dressed up, and she asked to have some pictures taken together. I couldn't say no!!



Myles got a new fish, but his shrimp ended up dying.......so sad.
And that's that.....

No comments: