I cried all the way from Provo to Salt Lake. Parting was such sweet sorrow.
Myles really wanted to do baptisms with family names at the Salt Lake Temple. It was a really special experience for him and Chris.
While the boys were doing baptisms, us girls went across the street to City Creek Center, enjoyed the water fountains, and paid a visit to Deseret Book. The last time we were in Utah I think Elsa was around Meg's age and loved the water features of this outdoor mall.
It's kind of a new feeling realizing that this is my crew now:
This little guy was flying about jumping from wall to wall.
Making our way to the church office building....
We had wanted to go up to the observation deck, but we had just missed the last tour. They close it for lunch, and we weren't wanting to wait until 1:00 pm. We did visit with some nice older sisters who do the tour. We got to talking and Chris mentioned that we had just dropped off the girls to BYU. And "Whoa Nelly!", the tears started flowing again. They were so sweet to just wrap their arms around me as I cried and kept reassuring me that it would get easier.
From Salt Lake City to Idaho I think I cried about every 20 minutes to half an hour and would gain composure for roughly the same amount of time. By the time I reached Idaho my head was hurting.
This made my heart smile though:
We weren't worried about how Miss Molly would be treated while we were gone. We were worried that she wouldn't behave herself. She was given lots of love and treats. It was clear to see that she felt very safe and much loved. It was such a relief to know that she was safe and in good hands while we were gone.
Saturday we left for home................
Grandma got Elsa and Meg these stickers books. They were a life saver for the seven hour drive home. Thank you!!!!!!!
I found this guy at our last rest stop. He was just like the one at the Salt Lake Temple. I didn't want him to get smashed by a car, so I moved him to a grassy area.
This butterfly was right by our tire. I didn't look like it was doing so well, so I carefully moved it to the shade of a tree.
Molly and I just chillin' on the drive home.



























No comments:
Post a Comment