Saturday, September 8, 2018

Home Again Home Again Jiggety Jog

With being home it has gotten a bit easier in regard to having the girls gone. I have not broken down in tears. I just get a little teary eyed here and there. It has helped that we got everyone situated with the rooms. We plan on painting over the next couple of months, but at least they are in the rooms that they will occupy.
Monday was a busy day:


 Myles is loving having his very own room!! That cannot be stated too much.


 The little girls' room does not look empty and this helps a great deal.
 
 We've gotten a few pictures from the girls:
Rhaevyn is somewhere in there. This was occurring way too late for Aeva. She was off to bed. 




 This made my heart smile! Go Aeva!!!
 Here are our start of the school year pictures:
How is it that my baby is in Kindergarten this year???
 This was a dress Meg found at a DI in Utah.
 I have discovered that Elsa reminds me so much of how Chris looked around this age.
 She found this shirt at a DI in Utah. Have I mentioned that I love shopping at the DI's in Utah??
 My 7th grader!!!
 He's such a ham in front of the camera.
 Just to continue with the DI theme.................not pictured are several books Myles found at two different DI's in Utah (one being about birds).
 Myles made mashed potatoes all by himself for lunch the other day using his potatoes from his garden.

 He also painted this bird on Monday.

We Skyped with the girls on Sunday and have received a few texts from them and phone calls from Aeva.
Rhaevyn is in her element. She loves her Korean Class, and there is a girl on her dorm floor from South Korea. They get along really well. She went tunnel singing at 10pm one night. She said she loves it so much she never wants to come home. So, I guess I don't have to worry about her being homesick at all.
Aeva had a great time at her ward's social on Monday. She loved playing 9 square. She likes her classes and teachers except for her Japanese class. Wait, what???????
She knew going in that the teacher can be very rude. I think she was hoping he would not be as bad as reported. She is not worried about the class work. There had been complaints of the class being hard, but she is used to hard Japanese classes, and that really just helps her to up her game. It is just the rudeness of the teacher.................and he has already shown just how rude he can be 😥 He is the only teacher that teaches that class, so she said she'll just have to learn to persevere. Chris was really worried about idiot boys there, and I informed him that idiot boy #1 has already made his appearance. An RM in her Japanese class asked the girl sitting in back of him where she served her mission. She replied that she had not served a mission. He wanted to know why she was even in the class then. She replied that her mother was Japanese, and he responded that he guessed it was okay then if she stayed in the class. Pffff!!!! What the heck????? Aeva said that a majority of the class seems to be made up of returned missionaries. I really hope that she finds some really nice students in that class that are helpful and willing to study with her. At least it is only one semester, and then she should have a new teacher. I'm glad that she likes the rest of her classes and teachers.
And now I think I am caught up for now. I'm off to mail letters and a care package to the girls 😀

No comments: