Sunday evening, after getting home from church at 4:30 pm, our family (minus me) watched a fireside for the youth. I finished up dinner just before it started, so everyone sat and ate dinner on the couch so they could watch the fireside. I went to church to watch it and help with refreshments for those youth and families who came to watch our prophet speak via broadcast at the church. It was a marvelous and powerful fireside.
When I got home Myles had started putting this puzzle together, which the Mitchell family had sent us. Myles could hardly wait to start on it. I helped put a bit of it together, and so did Chris and Elsa. The Mitchell Family picked out a great Charles Wysocki puzzle. It's got lots of planes on it. Myles can hardly wait for it to be glued together, framed, and hung in his room when he gets his very own room in the fall.
Aeva has been working on embroidering a handkerchief as a going away present for one of the volunteers in the Japanese conversational group. She is going back to Japan this month, and her name is Kyoko.
I tried making a new soup this week: Dill Pickle Soup. No one else would try it. I thought it tasted pretty good. Aeva looked at the picture and did not have kind words for the look of it.
Field Trip Day: I decided to wake Meg up last minute just before leaving home at 7am. She was still in her night shirt that Rhaevyn lent her. Luckily I brought clothes for her to change in to. There she is in her dressing room.... the back seat.

Our choice was perfect for Wednesday. We visited a military cemetery on the anniversary of D-Day.
We walked the Fort Vancouver Military Cemetery. It was so peaceful and pretty. The kids were fascinated by how old some of the grave markers were and what wars were listed on them as well.Right next to that military cemetery is the Mother Joseph Cemetery.
We looked, as best we could, for Mother Joseph's grave but failed to locate it. Maybe next time. We did however find may rows of nuns..........with Sister "So and So", Mother Superior, etc. I loved all the names of the nuns.
We thought this was perhaps Mother Joseph's grave site, but alas, it was not. It was pretty though. The "A" should have told us it wasn't her grave site.
There were some absolutely beautiful and fragrant roses there:
Myles has been making clothespin airplanes this week. He is getting excited for Aviation Summer Camp. We sent in the registration and his letter for a scholarship. He did a really nice job on it. He had to tell a bit about himself, why he wanted to attend the camp, why he felt he should attend the camp, etc.
Myles got to go to the YMCA the other night to swim with a friend. He is trying to pass off part of the second class scout requirement. I think he is going to need a bit more practice. Poor guy wouldn't stop to play; he was determined that he was going to get the requirement passed off that night. I finally had to tell him it was not going to happen, and he should stop and have a bit of fun before it was time to head home. He is getting lanky. I was looking at this picture and thinking it looks like we never feed him. He asked me the other day if I thought there would ever be a time he feels full again. I came across a pin in a store at the mall that reminded me of him. It had a boy with a sandwich saying "I'm still hungry!"
His first avocado seed is really going gangbusters!!
I forgot to post a picture of Aeva's skirt. We worked on it together. The material she picked out is very "her"......cats having a tea party. She loves it! She is trying to make a couple of new skirts for when she goes off to college.
Seminary graduation was last night. No picture with a teacher. Aeva was in tears by the time the graduation ended, as the last half of this year was not great and ended on rather a sour note. I talked with her about focusing on the really two great years she had and that we are so proud of her for completing all four years with good attendance at 6am (despite the health issues she has had), passing all the required assessments with flying colors, and completing the reading requirements all four years. It was more than I accomplished in my four years of seminary.
Friday Rhaevyn and Aeva ventured on their own to the hospital. Our dear friend, who was a part of all my deliveries starting with Rhaevyn, invited them to have lunch with her. She treated them to an Italian lunch with gelato for dessert, and then she gave them three bags of really nice clothes to look through. They had such a good time with her. Here they are taking a selfie together.
This is the last full week of school for the girls. I am so excited!!!!Then it is wisdom teeth removal time. The girls are not really too excited about that. Aeva is going to be helping out with Japanese exchange students in August. She was asked yesterday to help out with Activity Days Camp this year for our ward. The theme is "Helping Hands Across the World" or something along those lines. Our ward will be focusing on the country of Japan. Aeva's reply was "sign me up!!!" She is super excited about that. Rhaevyn will be losing one of her violin students in July because the student and her family will be moving to Spokane. Rhaevyn is sad about that.
And I believe that is all for now........................









































No comments:
Post a Comment