Friday, March 30, 2018

Spring Break For Some

 One week of spring break is just about gone for the girls. It went so fast! The littles sure have enjoyed playing, and having extra time to spend, with Rhaevyn and Aeva.

Myles painted some rocks this week:


His cello teacher posted a duet that they did together and sent us a copy. I think it is funny how it is just his little eyes peeking up from the bottom.



 Aeva got a guitar for her class. Yay!! We had bought one, but the G string would not stay in tune. We ended up sending it back and wondering if we should just check Craigslist. Chris was talking to a gentleman at church about needing to find Aeva a guitar, and he had Chris come look at what he had at his house. Chris found one that he thought would work nicely for Aeva, and the gentleman said he was giving it to us; no charge. What a huge blessing!!! A tender mercy for sure!
 
 Aeva has been busy this week trying to wrap her head around all her dates for registration, housing, food, scholarships, etc. She is feeling a bit overwhelmed, but still super excited. She has her list and back up list for classes. It's getting real!!!


Yesterday the girls had a consult appointment to get their wisdom teeth removed. They will both be going in on the same morning in June. Aeva was feeling very anxious about it, but the doctor put her at ease. She says she wants me to take lots of funny videos afterwards. Rhaevyn is really not looking forward to this event. We had dropped off Aeva's guitar to get new strings, before the appointment, because one had snapped while she was playing it. When we went to pick it up Meg wanted to play some instruments.



 Myles is so excited that his avocado seed has split and the root is coming down!!!



Saturday was Elsa's date with Chris. They had lunch at Jimmy John's and then ice cream at DQ. Elsa really wanted to go to the music store to try out instruments. She thinks she wants to play the violin like her big sister Rhaevyn.


 


 

 

 
 Here is a video Elsa took of Chris trying out a banjo and she has a video of her trying out the drums.


 She was laughing while I was watching the drum video because she said she was just kidding about really, really wanting to play the drums. She had a blast on her date with her daddy!!
 
The rest of us, on Saturday, went to Ikea. The girls have been needing new duvet covers, and I had to get Myles a new one because it didn't make it through the loss of his dinner episode last week. No more matching duvet covers for the girls...........they are all grown up with their own tastes.  Rhaevyn bought new sheets to go with her duvet cover. Myles's has blue tigers and leopards on it..............still going with an animal theme :)




It was a fun outing, but Ikea was really, really busy that day. I treated the kids to lunch after we found our way out of the maze, and they were excited to have ice cream too.



I love the pinky!!
 Enjoyed the sunshine and blue skies while I waited for Rhaevyn to finish up her choir practice on Wednesday. Next week is the big adventure!!!

 

 For Activity Days this week Elsa made a pillowcase all on her own. She was so  happy about that!


Rhaevyn finished making her sheep hat. It turned out so cute.

And I am busily working on a quilt. A friend of mine was expecting, and at her appointment this week the baby had no heartbeat. I think I need to just always keep one on hand because it seems that whenever I need one for someone I  know I've always just taken a batch into the hospital and am fresh out of quilts.  Anyway, this is what I have so far. Now to try and get it pieced together so that it looks nice.
 



Our church talent show went splendidly. It kept me very busy helping to put it together. Rhaevyn performed Spootiskerry and The Ale is Dear; Aeve performed my favorite ( Where is My Mind by the Pixies); Myles was going to sing the Librarian song from Music Man, but he decided to be in a skit with some friends. It was the crayon Studio C skit that they performed with a bit of a rewrite. His video was a little too long to post on here. I missed the very beginning of Aeva's song.

Rhaevyn was a good sport to play in the talent show. I begged and begged her to perform. She gets so nervous when it is just her playing by herself, but I was so happy that she did it for me :)


 

 It's been a pretty busy week, and I am looking forward to next week being a bit more quiet. It is also Elsa's birthday next week, and she lets me know everyday how many days are left until her birthday. She is on pins and needles trying to guess what I have in store for her and what Chris got for her birthday. I think she is going to be pleasantly surprised. Then our Rhaevyn will be turning 19!!!! Time is going too fast for sure!

Hopefully I have documented all our happenings within the last week, but if not I'll be sure to add it to the next post.

No comments: