I can't believe Spring has arrived and it is almost April!!!!
We've had wonderful sunshine and warm weather, and it is has been fun to go on a few bike rides with the kids. We are back to rain for a few days which is okay with me because it helps my allergies.
Myles made himself a flying dragon this week.
Molly found some sunshine to lay in.
Aeva got herself an embroidery hoop and made this. She's currently working on another project.
We have been enjoying some more old movies. I know we've watched more than two but this is all my brain is recalling at the moment:
Gone with the Wind; The kids were really into that one
Singing in the Rain; I think this is Rhaevyn's new favorite
Sunday evening Meg and I made chocolate chip cookies. She had been asking to take chocolate chip cookies to her friends Toby and KK. Toby is my friend Jill's five year old son, and when I checked with him he assured me that Meg was right, he needed some chocolate chip cookies. Meg drew KK a picture too.

One of my birdwatchers:
Last Thursday was Aeva's final exam in Japanese. When she got out of the car to go take her exam this is what she found. It was most appropriate!
Today she had her final class for Japanese V. She had an optional quiz, which of course she opted to take, and then each class member presented a tour of their home. A few of us make cameo appearances...........I thought I was well out of the video, but unfortunately I couldn't read the facial messages that Rhaevyn was giving me while she was behind the camera. Meg is the only adorable one making a cameo appearance. Here is a link to her tour assignment for her Japanese class:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UNaWWGSA_4&feature=em-share_video_user
Driving with Aeva:
She is doing all the facial expressions I should be making LOL😉
As we were practicing parallel parking she spotted a rock and had to get out and get it once she parked.
Aeva had a rough day last week, her Japanese final exam day. Things got a bit intense for a few seconds on the drive home, but she left me this little note next to my bed that evening.
Rhaevyn had a performance last Thursday for Clark College Chorale and Women's Choral Ensemble. She sang 20 songs and was beat after an hours' worth of practice and an hour long performance. Chris had heard half of the songs since he went to her Wednesday night class with her, but wanted to get her roses since he would miss her performance. The music was really beautiful; lucky me got to enjoy it 💗
This is a link to watch the Women's Choral Ensemble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwUSfuON21k
And this is the one song I recorded from the Clark College Chorale:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SR-LfiY_1OhdzMs_n9FMfgGW-Q33n2Us
Myles and I finished reading The Wind in the Willows. We really enjoyed reading it together and were a bit sad that it ended.
Myles is really into drawing dragons lately:
These are Aeva's latest art samplings:
Meg enjoying the sunshine outside:
I love her reasoning for not swinging faster, and we all giggled when she yelled "This is the life of my day!"
Anyway, I ended up dropping Rhaevyn at home and picking up Myles because he was helping to take care of a dog for a friend of ours. Once we had taken the dog potty and given him some love we headed back home to pick up the rest of the kids. I didn't have my phone on me, and the kids forgot to bring it out with them. You will see why that would have been nice to have in a few lines. We get to DQ, and it was early release day for the five schools here in Battle Ground. The line of cars was insane for the drive through. I thought about coming back later, but we decided (thanks to Rhaevyn) to just go in since there was plenty of parking. Since it was going to take me a bit to get around all the cars in the drive through, I sent four of the kids in to get started. Two found a booth, and two waited in line. The wait wasn't bad and as we sat in our booth I watched the people coming up to the door. I saw this gentleman, and I thought he looked really familiar, but I brushed it off because I am always mistaking people for someone else. The kids think it is pretty funny. I wave to strangers all the time, and I even approached someone at the store one time telling them it was so good to see them, as it had been a while, and asked them how they were doing. Chris got a good laugh at this since he was with me at the time. It turned out not to be anyone I even knew, just someone that looked like someone else.
But I digress.
So I see this gentleman, and I think it cannot possibly be who I think it is because why would he be here??? He lives in Arizona, and his one family member that lived 30 minutes away no longer lives here. Then I see his wife, and I think to myself, "Nope, this has got to be the person I think it is." I wait for him to get inside. The line is all jumbled up by the door. I stand up, and as he moves to get to the back of the line, or find a spot to sit, I make eye contact with him. He asks if I am in line, and I tell him "No." Then I see that the light bulb has clicked. He says "Jennifer??"
This is where a camera would have been nice. That saying if you didn't get a picture it didn't happen came to mind. Not all of you will know who this is, but................
Burton Holmes!!!!!
I knew him from church, and he was also a classmate of mine in jr. high and high school. We had lockers right next to each other and the same birthday month. I got to meet his children and wife. Apparently, his wife's father just moved to a town 15-20 minutes to the west of Battle Ground. It was nice to get to visit with him briefly. The last time I saw him was in 1994 when he got home from his mission. He is just as nice as ever.That is my really exciting event for the week 😊
Rhaevyn has the last of her finals today. Aeva is done. We have a talent show tomorrow night at church. I will be glad when that is over. I've been helping with it, and it has kept me very busy. Rhaevyn, Aeva, and Myles will be participating in it. Saturday the girls are having some friends over for a Voltron party for the latest season, and then we have two weeks of no college classes!!! Yay!!!! Rhaevyn will be off to Canada soon, for a week, and I've already google mapped all the places she is going. I wish she could stuff me in her suitcase. I'm so excited for her!
I am hoping to have some good footage on the next post of talent show performances😏



















No comments:
Post a Comment