Friday we all went to Clark College and scouted out the classrooms where the girls will have classes. They will be in three different buildings, but those building all connect. That is a good thing; they won't have to run to the next class. Rhaevyn does have to walk a bit to get to the building where her swing dancing class will be. Everyone that we met on Friday, from staff to students, were all very nice and extremely helpful. Monday is the big day!!!
I'm thinking we are going to have to rethink our schedule so that I am not spending over three hours on the road taking them to school, coming home, going back to get them, and home again. The kids and I may bring some schoolwork with us and hang out at the hugs library near the college. It shall be a new adventure!
Myles helped make this sword for Rhaevyn from left over wood from the fence. He is thinking of cutting it in half lengthwise so that there will be two swords.
I finished up the binding on the last quilt that needed it, so that will be delivered on Monday afternoon. My friend had finished the two she could, but the flannel was making her allergy act up. I took those two over to Legacy Hospital Monday morning just before Myles had his speech appointment there. The sweet Chaplain was so glad to see me. She said that she was thinking she should give me a call to let me know that they were out of quilts. I had delivered 15 quilts to them in March. She said she had given away the last two the previous week, and here I was with two for her. I was suddenly humbled. Here I was thinking how inconvenient it was to redo the binding on seven quilts. It is no coincidence that I did not have fabric available to fix the two quilts that went to my friend to fix.
I have a testimony that there are no coincidences, that Heavenly Father truly does inspire us. He uses what we may see as inconveniences and mistakes, for good. September 2nd was quilt donation day. Three quilts were not taken in with that donation. Last Sunday night I felt that I should take the two quilts that were fixed over to Legacy. I wasn't sure why because I was going to wait until my four quilts had been completed first. I'm glad I followed that inspiration. I'm thankful for a Heavenly Father who can see the bigger picture when I cannot, and my heart is so very grateful to all of those who help with Project Mother of an Angel baby is so many different ways when you could be doing something else.
My friend, Jen, found some new quilt patterns. We are going to give them a try. I thought I'd give one of them a try with some scraps that I have. I still need to do the four big squares for each corner, but I need to find some white or light material for first. I kind of like its scrappy look.
I feel so blessed! I have the sweet lady who is putting my four quilts together for me, and then I was put in touch with a lady from another ward who designs scrap-booking paper and material. As part of her contract the company sends her bolts of the fabric she designs. So, I was able to go pick out some material for three quilts. Also another ward in our stake gave me a bunch of fabric they had in their closet. I was able to spread all of those donations around to the other ladies who help make quilts for my project.
Chris has been wanting to get me a new sewing machine. He did a lot of research last Christmas. Putting that research together with my frugalness, and blessings from Heaven he found me one on Friday. He jokes that my current sewing machine sounds like a locomotive. It is loud, I have to agree. While he would love to get me a new Janome, he found this one for me at a garage sale for $8. It is so quiet! I figured out on my own how to thread it and did a bit of sewing on some scraps last night. It runs great! I love that it has a case :)
No comments:
Post a Comment