Monday, June 6, 2016

Grandma and Grandpa Came to Visit

We've had four days of doing some really fun things, spending quality time, and making some wonderful memories with Christopher's parents this last week.
 
 
 Myles was super excited about all the old Legos they brought, and he had fun building Legos with Grandpa.
 
 
Grandma sewed Elsa a doll with a carrying case, a robe, a dress, and some overalls.
Grandma and Aeva worked on a skirt together. It turned out super cute.

 
 
 
 Thursday evening we had a hotdog and marshmallow roast.




 
 


Chris and his dad went to a VW bug show on Saturday. I think they had a great time despite the heat.

Aeva got to chauffeur Grandpa and Chris to Harbor Freight and Grandma and I to the store. Grandma and Grandpa were good sports about it and had encouraging words for her :)

The kids got to go swimming twice. That was such a treat. They had a blast, and on the second night of swimming I had fun doing swim races with Aeva and Myles down to the deep end. Myles even dove into the deep end and swam to the shallow end all on his own. Myles was trying to help Elsa swim. Aeva, Myles, and Elsa had fun jumping into the pool together at the same time. Lots of splashes and laughter were had.



 
 We hated to see them go, as the time seemed to go by too quickly, but hope they enjoyed their time with us as much as we did with them.
 Myles has been wanting to make a stuffed animal. I had been given some really soft fabric and Myles decided it had to be done before Grandma and Grandpa arrived. So, last Monday he went to Sister Lee's house to get help. Myles got to sew some of his turtle, and it turned out really cute and really big! I made a big pillow to fit inside of it. It's almost as big and Myles.
 
 The girls spent some time working on the car with Chris learning to change the oil and put on new belts. Meg kicked back in the front seat and read the owner's manual.














 
 
Anytime Chris is moving one of the cars Meg wants a ride. His bug pretty much seems like a jungle gym or playground to her. She loves hoping in and out of it.

 

 Seminary is out, school books have been finished, driving classes are over............time for Summer!

Final note for this post:
Saturday I received a very sweet thank you card from the Chaplain services and Family Birth Center at Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital for the quilt donation in March. To briefly quote:
"....Your gift is such a comfort to mothers in our community who are grieving the death of their angel baby. When I offered a quilt to a grieving mom this month she asked me to please tell you how much it means to her, and she will cherish the quilt."

I couldn't get through reading the card without tears. I'm so thankful for all those who have helped in so many ways with Project Mother of an Angel Baby.

No comments: