I helped Aeva make her other two skirts, and she's as happy as a lark to now have three skirts to wear to church. She was so happy about it that she gave me a long explanation of why it is much better to just make your own skirts. She makes my heart smile................well, they all do :)
The ruffle for this skirt did not turn out as good as the one Grandma Lindsay helped her do. I need more practice I think.
Then we spent time trying to find a white sweater to go with her skirts. Finally found one on sale (online) and picked it up at Target. Then we just needed shoes. We ended up returning the really cute ones because they just didn't fit quite right. So, we spent several hours tracking down a pair of Mary-Janes, which is so hard when you have such small feet. Finally found those too.................well sort of. We have to wait for them to come in at the store and do a final try on. Our fingers are crossed. I'm hoping they work because they were just the right price with a coupon!
I had a sudden burst of inspiration and made a skirt for Meg. I absolutely love it!! It turned out a little different than I had first envisioned because I underestimated how tall Meg was. I am happy with the end result, and I made it out of fabric scraps from the quilt that Elsa helped to make.
Here she is all dressed up eating her blueberries from our friends. They brought a bowlful over just for her.
Christopher's Uncle, Bob, came to visit Sunday afternoon. He stayed the
evening and left this morning after he and Chris had breakfast. It was a
really nice visit, and we were all glad to finally meet him. Meg was
excited about his motorbike and got to sit on it after he pulled it into
the garage. She came running to the front window yelling "motorbike,
motorbike!"
This week, I think, will be relativity low key. Next week Rhaevyn heads off to camp, and Aeva gets impressions done for her retainer. That means her braces come off in two weeks. She is on pins and needles.
I think that's a wrap :)
No comments:
Post a Comment