The girls also took their final in Seminary and did amazingly. I love how seriously they take seminary and how much they love learning and studying the scriptures. While I loved seminary, reading and learning scripture mastery was not my strong point. I am so thankful that they have chosen the better path. Four more days left, and seminary will be over until the fall. I do think they are looking forward to sleeping in.
Aeva has been patiently waiting for new church shoes. She's been squishing into her old ones for quite a while. These arrived. They are a smidge big. We are hoping that going down a size will not end up being too small because she really loves the style.
We have discovered that Elsa loves to help Chris out in the garage. She is constantly saying how much she loves being out in the garage with him and it is "way more fun that being inside and working in the house." That makes me giggle. Recently she helped Chris run the fuel line on his bug.
Saturday was our 22nd anniversary. We kind of stretched the celebration out. Saturday was going to be busy, so we decided to got to the Temple Friday morning and then went out to lunch. Saturday we exchanged cards, and Sunday Chris made me breakfast in bed. It's hard to believe it's been 22 years already. I'm so thankful that this wonderful man chose me, and I think he's a keeper for sure. Looking forward to the rest of eternity.
Myles and I have been reading Where The Red Fern Grows. At the beginning I warned him that I would cry at the end, and he assured me he'd take over that part and read. So, we got to the second to the last chapter, and I couldn't stop bawling. Myles made sure I had a big enough paper towel and finished reading for me. Gosh, I love my little guy....................who really isn't so little anymore. At one point Meg got this worried look on her face and kept wiping away my tears. About five minutes later she was hysterically crying because I was crying, but that made me start laughing while I was crying. It was quite a scene.
Chris collects scrap metal, which helps to support his project car. Recently he was given a washing machine. He and Myles decided to take the drum out and make a DIY fire pit. Myles made some fire starters, and our friends gave us some wood. The kids enjoyed roasting marshmallows and making s'mores. This was Meg's first time eating s'mores. I think she liked the taste, but she didn't like being sticky.
I've got part of the goods: marshmallows and chocolate:)
Meg is ready to roast marshmallows!
First bite of her s'more.
Aeva was being silly with the smoke.
Meg decided she'd had enough and wanted to swing. Myles was kind enough to push her.
That's all folks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment