Sunday, May 22, 2016

Strawberries, a Hike, an Icelandic Sweater, and a Date

Strawberries
 
My berry monsters were in heaven on Friday. Myles, Elsa, and Meg love their blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Berries don't last long around here. The strawberries I got were ginormous, and I thought it would make a cute picture to have the kids hold up the huge strawberries.

 
 
Icelandic Sweater
 
We have been watching this creation come together over the last month. A sweet lady from our previous ward had taught the girls to crochet, and Aeva to knit, about 2-3 years ago. Rheavyn decided she wanted to make Aeva an Icelandic sweater, but needed to know how to knit. So, she went over for one hour to this sweet sister's house, and this is what she ended up creating. We have been amazed by how she has really taught herself to do this sweater.
The girls had a birthday party to go to, which was Cosplay themed, so they both dressed up for it.

 

Myles and Chris went on a 1.5 mile hike yesterday, in the rain, with the cub scouts at the Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge. They got to see a lot of wildlife; rive otter, nutria, owl, beaver, turtle, osprey, ducks, and geese.
That white speck in the water is an albino nutria. Myles said they watched it come out of the water with all of its little brown babies on its back. I loved hearing about what he learned yesterday while on the hike.




Elsa and Meg took turns snuggling with Aeva the other day. I thought it was so sweet.
It was Elsa's date month, so she and Chris went out last night. Here she is all ready. We got home from grocery shopping, and as she dashed into the house to get ready she said to Chris "Dad, get ready for our date, it's time to go!" I love how the kids look forward to, and plan, their dates with Chris when it is their month.

 
Meg decided she needed a picture with dad too.


I can't believe we are heading into our last full week of May with our anniversary and an end to driving classes :)

No comments: