We've had some warm weather bordering on hot. I know 85/86 might seem mild to some, but here it feels like it could be 100 to me. The kids have loved it though. They've been out gallivanting around outside starting in the wee hours of the morning. It's so quiet in our neighborhood, but you can hear lots of laughing and loud squeels of delight coming from our yard. I got Meg some water shoes so she could go outside, and I wouldn't have to worry if she gets them all wet and muddy.
A bee landed on Myles and just hung out there for quite some time. We ended up moving the little bee to our remembrance tree.
I've been working on three quilts. They are all in various stages at the moment, but I should have the tops done this week and then next week I hope to go use a long arm and then bind them. I think the first of the donations should be coming this week. Ah, it is so bittersweet. Such a wonderful thing, but at the same time it's for a sad event in a mother's life. I hope that these quilts will be a sweet memento for those that end up receiving them.
After these three are done, I have four more to work on. I think I will be able to have enough materiel to make seven more quilts throughout the year. I went to another craft store where a lot of quilters go, and I think they are going to see if they can help with my project. I've learned not to be afraid to at least ask and let as many as I can know about my project.
I really love the calm blue colors in this. Myles loved the blue stripes..............I let him have the other part of it (sheets) on his bed.
I had not started sewing this yet when I took the picture, but when I did start putting it together I made sure all the tear drops faced the same direction. This was the first one I bought material for. I love these colors!
I really love the way this one is turning out. My best friend said she wishes she could know who this ends up going to and if it "fits" them. She said it looked so cheery and happy to her, and I said that is exactly how it made me feel when I was picking out the fabric.
Ben came down to go to a bug show with Chris. I think they had a good time, but it never seems like Ben's time here is long enough. We missed having Stacey here too. The kids were happy to play some soccer with Ben before he left to go home. Even Meg, at the end, was wanting him to pick her up and hold her.
We celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary this week. Goodness I can't believe we've been married that long. I don't feel like we are old enough for that. Super glad that I married that guy. When I think about all our ups and downs, good times and not so good times, I'm sure glad I have him by my side. My anniversary present to Chris was the bug show and a few gadgets he picked up there for his project bug. This was my anniversary present from Chris. I've already started reading it, and I love it! He knows me so well.
Just a few pictures of Meg to end on.
She loves wearing this hat.
Rhaevyn made her a cape. She ran around the house with it flowing behind her.
And we got Meg's picture from the dentist this week.
Snuggle time with Aeva :)
No comments:
Post a Comment