Monday, May 18, 2015

First Pinewood Derby

Myles had his very first Pinewood Derby this year.
He thought long and hard about his car. He wanted to do a Pikachu car.
Aeva drew it out for him, Chris cut it, and Myles painted it.
A guy that Chris works with brought in some tools and "secrets" to make the car go fast.
We had a great time watching the cars race.
I think all the boys liked Myles's car because it was the only one
that didn't just look like a regular car. I could hear them all cheering on Pikachu :)






 Aeva has been doing some oragami this week.
She's been making lots of boxes and made this one with an origami Pikachu.

Saturday we spent most of the morning doing yard work. We cleared off the back patio so that
it only has our remebrance tree. A friend stopped by to drop off the next size up scout shirt for Myles and took away our barrels that we were going to get rid of. That worked out well ..............a win win.
I thinned out the day lillies and planted the parts I had divided next to the others. The little flower garden looks a bit more filled in now. I cut back the lavendar too, and we replanted Toby Jr, the little oak tree that Rhaevyn planted from a seed.
Our little garden is coming a long. We are trying out potatoes this year.
The kids loved giving Meg a ride in the wagon and swinging her on the swings. They were having such a great time that the noise was driving the little dog nuts that lives in back of us.




Myles was busy trying to fix the wagon. I guess the screws were a bit loose, and he noticed one was missing. He tried to find one that would work as a replacement in Chris's big bucket of nuts and bolts. It just cracked me up how he just seemed to know what to do, like a natural.

 


 Meg decided to hang out with Chris while he put together one of the free shelving units he got from work. I think that is our project for tonight..............putting them in place and filling them up.

 Elsa is learning to roller blade.

 

 Meg found a helmet.
 Chris and his two little girls all ready for bed.







Night-night, Elsa :)

No comments: