So, for at least a year now I've been dreaming of downsizing the piano we have. I'm always trying to find ways to make the most of our small space.We've looked every couple of months to see what pianos are out on Craig's List, but it was pretty much looking like things were out of our price range. I'd come back to reality and tell myself to be content with what I have and make do.
Two weeks ago, I happened to see that a lady in our ward had posted a picture of her piano on Facebook. She was in the process of packing for a move and wanted to find her piano a good home..........for free!!!
I just about freaked out............Rhaevyn would say that in fact I did freak out. The person who originally wanted it ended up not being able to take it, and I had sent off an email quickly to tell her I would really love to have it. She was thrilled to let us have the piano. This is just one of those moments when you see the Lord's hand in events that take place.
I did a very happy dance!
Our Home Teachers and the missionaries helped to move it to our house. It fit in our van........yippee!! And then they helped move our mammoth of a piano out to the garage. We decided that since our last piano was free and this new one was free we would pay that forward. So, Aeva's piano, that she learned to play on, has found a new home. While Aeva was sad to see it go, she was very understanding about "space." It is always hard to let things go when you have memories attached to them.
So, here are a few photos of Aeva's last moments with her piano and a picture of our new piano.
The living room looks so much bigger and brighter now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment