On Saturday, Rhaevyn and I had a date. It was filled with grocery shopping, trying on fancy dresses , dessert first and then lunch. We started at JC Penney where she tried on pretty, poofy dresses. Then we shared a parfait at TCBY, ate tacos at Taco Bell, went to Target and Winco Foods. We ended our date at Jo-Ann's. We had so much fun and couldn't believe how fast the time went on our date. By the end, though, Rhaevyn was laughing and joking that her "dogs" were tired and sore.
While at Jo-Ann's, Rhaevyn helped me pick out some fabric to make some bibs. I had looked at Target for bibs, but the ones I liked were $6.99 for three. We are down to two bibs here at home, and one of them is almost out the door. I decided since I had several coupons for Jo-Ann's to just make my own. I ended up making six for the price of the three at Target.
I have experimented with bibs before. I made several before I was pregnant with Myles. I used elastic around the neck because I really detest bibs with Velcro. They always seem to get stuck on something and that something gets shredded when the Velcro is dislodged from it.
So, I decided to use the bibs I had as templates and then go with a snap instead of elastic this time around. Here are the finished products.I made them out of flannel and reversible.
I bought some really nice snaps.
Here is Elsa modeling one of them.
They aren't perfect by any means, but I love them.
The girls and I decorated these notebooks with the ribbon.
I think they turned out so cute.
They are our mother/daughter journals where we can write things to each other.
Oh happy day, oh happy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment