Sunday, March 15, 2009

Take a relaxing breath

Well, I am sorry to say I don't have many pictures to post today.
We had quite a week, but I kept forgetting about taking pictures.
On Wednesday the girls had a talent show for Achievement Days. It was really nice to see all the girls (age 8-11) at church show off their talents.
I know you may find this surprising, but Aeva was the first one to present her talent. Her teachers were going to call everyone up one by one, but I think Aeva misunderstood this. She popped right out of her seat and walked up to the front. Luckily her teacher just rolled with it. She recited a poem about hope that she had written.
Rhaevyn was totally taken by surprise that she would have to get up in front of everyone to tell what her talent is and what she made. She made it as far as "my talent is....." and then started to cry. I felt so bad for her, as did her teachers. Thankfully she has two awesome and very sweet teachers who came to her rescue and explained that she had made a very beautiful cake that everyone could have a taste of at the end. One of the 11 year old girls was really sweet too and tried to let Rhaevyn know it was okay and she couldn't' wait to try her cake.
I really wish I had taken a picture of the second cake she made. It was sooooo delicious. Even better than the first. Needless to say, the whole thing was gone by the time the talent show was over and it was time to come home. I am truly so proud of the effort Rhaevyn put into making the two cakes. I think I may have a future baker/cake decorator on my hands.
Aeva sang her solo last night in the program "Women at the Well" for our church Relief Society birthday dinner. The whole program was so beautiful. Everyone who sang did a magnificent job. I am biased about Aeva's performance. I thought she sounded so sweet and angelic. She really did a great job, and I couldn't help but shed a few tears listening to her and watching her.
These are a few pictures of the costume I made for her. She had to have a costume that looked to be from the New Testament time. I am not a sewer, unless it is a blanket where I just sew in a straight line. I don't do patterns or anything fancy. So, when it came to making this costume I kept wishing it would magically make itself.
Once it was all finished, and I tried it on Aeva, I was laughing hysterically. The end product reminded me of the dress the three fairies, in Disney's Sleeping Beauty, made without using their magic. Thank goodness the program was done with minimal lighting. Aeva was sweet though. She told me she thought her costume was beautiful.




Myles, I am happy to report, is doing magnificently with potty training. Every once in a while there is a bump in the road, but for the most part I cannot complain. I've taken him out shopping twice, for several hours at a time, and there have been no accidents.
I just love this little guy. Yesterday he came into my room and said "hi mom, your my best buddy" and then gave me a kiss. I am so thankful for him.
So, now with the passing of Aeva's talk, the talent show and Aeva's solo, I feel like I can take a relaxing breath and the baby can come, any time :)

No comments: