Rhaevyn held another tea party for the little girls yesterday. She made them this lovely little dessert to go along with it. I got a picture after half of it was gone.
This is our body artist. In the past month she has had a blue ankle and foot, a purple face, a green hand and arm, and now this. On this particular day brown and purple were her colors of choice.
We were notified Wednesday night that the college would be on a two hour last start, and Aeva received an email from her Japanese teacher about it as well. So what we could gather was that Aeva would not have her Japanese class, and if the roads were clear then I would take Rheavyn to class in the afternoon. Apparently the college changed their mind at 4:15 am and decided to have classes as normal. It didn't occur to either Aeva or me that we should check to see if that decision had change since listening to the news it sounded like roads were slick. We now know we need to check to see if things change. Aeva didn't attend her class, but I don't think I would have felt comfortable traveling on the reads at 8:30 in the morning. If Chris tells me the roads were slippery when he left for work I know they are bad because he usually has no problem driving when it snows up here.
When I took Rhaevyn to her class Aeva played trains with Meg at home.

We had about four/five separate snow storms this past week. It snowed Sunday all day and night. It snowed all day Tuesday, but luckily it didn't stick on the road at all so I was able to get the girls to and from school without any problem. The flakes were so fat and fluffy. It was magical, but the snow usually melted by the time I needed to go anywhere. Then it snowed Wednesday evening, and then off and on Thursday and Friday with no snow sticking on those days at all.
These pictures are from Wednesday evening and Thursday morning.
I finished the last of the quilts for this round.
I forgot to post this last time, but I thought this was hilarious. Rhaevyn made brownies two Sundays ago, and Myles posted a sign on his so that no one would eat his brownie square before he was ready to east it.
These pictures were taken when we drove the girls to school on Tuesday morning and on the way back home from dropping them off.


Myles is in to oragami right now. He loves making origami parrots and dinosaurs. He made a parrot for the ladies who work at our bank. It was blue, and they put it on one of the computers as their mascot. They were so nice to let him know how much they appreciated his kind gesture.
In other news:
Rhaevyn and Aeva registered for spring quarter. Aeva got the classes that she wanted.....Creative Writing, Japanese (her final class for this subject offered at the local college) and Guitar. Rhaevyn was not as lucky. She is on the waiting list for Psychology, she didn't get into her Philosophy class because it was so full, and she is still waiting on the code to get into her Choir class. She needed one more five credit class so she opted for a Geography class. We are hoping she ends up liking it.
Myles informed me the other day that he finished Animal Farm. I didn't even know he was reading it. Aeva talked him into reading it as it is a favorite of both her and Rhaevyn. Myles really enjoyed reading it, and we had a great discussion about it.
And that catches me up until next time :)

















No comments:
Post a Comment