I remembered that I had not posted pictures of Myles's date with Christopher last month. Myles chose to go to the Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge. He loves going to watch the wildlife there. It was their lucky day. With the government shutdown there was no fee. So he used the money for the entrance fee and found a $3 bird identification book at Goodwill. He has been busy inspecting that book since he got it. He also used the Panda Express gift card he got for Christmas. It is one of his favorite places to go on his dates with Chris.


This egret caught a mouse and swallowed it whole. Myles and Chris sat and watched the bird try and move the lump down it's throat into its stomach. They had a blue heron fly out in front of the car, and they got to see a nutria taking a swim.
Here we are wearing something new for our family outing:
Rhaevyn
found the cutest pants and a blouse with a peter pan color, Aeva was given some cute floral pants, and I
got a new pair of jeans ($4.99 Gap jeans-my kind of bargain). Elsa
inherited a new sweater and Hello Kitty shirt from my visiting teacher.
You cannot see the shirt, but Elsa informed me it was most appropriate
for the outing since Hello Kitty is very popular in Japan :)
Aeva's coloring book. She finds coloring very calming which is good since she is very stressed about her upcoming Japanese midterm. These remind me of what I used to love to color when I was a little girl.
Meg was in Totoro Heaven.
Sharing a Moomin book with Totoro.

Time for the drive home in which we were treated to Kpop. Favorite current Kpop jam you might ask? GoGo by BTS.
Rhaevyn found some cute vintage style shoes on our quick date this week. Unfortunately they were too small for her.
And I found a seat fit for a queen, ha ha:
Molly had a grooming appointment this week. Thank goodness! She was looking shaggy.
This week I tried something new with my hair, twice, I entertained Molly while Rhaevyn taught violin lessons, and I was tricked, to Christopher's delight, into saying that I love the dog!
Aeva got a nice email from one of the Seniors in our ward. He reminds me of my Papa because he has a southern drawl. He sent this to Chris for Aeva:
"I've been meaning to speak to you and let you know how much I love it when you play the piano at church. It's just neat and brings a great spirit to the whole building when you do." ---Bro. Furqueron
Great positive feedback for her!
These are three of my favorite recent quotes from the kids....
Meg: "Hmph! Molly is a stinker just like me!"
Myles:
"Now I understand why you think Puff the Magic Dragon is a sad song and why you cry when you hear it."
Rhaevyn:
"Let me treat you to something, Mom. You are always treating us to something and you don't get treated to something as often as you should!"
Have I mentioned I've been watching a lot of foreign films and documentaries lately? I have found some very good ones at the library. Some of my favorites are:
My Love, Don't Cross That River (Korean documentary). I totally, and unexpectedly, bawled at the end of this one.
Fill the Void (Jewish film) Watching the Q&A helped, and it is my opinion that they should have left in all the parts they edited out.
The Wedding Plan(Jewish) Has to be my favorite!!
112 Weddings (documentary about a wedding videographer). I found it very interesting.
Wadjda (Saudi Arabian film). Rhaevyn and I watched this one together. The reality of this one was very sad.
As a family we watched a really cute 1940 Jimmy Stewart movie titled The Shop Around the Corner. It was very funny and sweet. Rhaevyn, Aeva, Myles, and I watched Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds Saturday night. Myles says it is equal to Jurassic Park. Aeva said it was more disturbing than it was scary. Rhaevyn said it was interesting, but the actress was over dramatic. I thought it was just as good as the first time I watched it :)
Aeva took Elsa to the duck pond this past week. They had fun looking for geocache objects, swinging, and they found some bones of a dead duck, we think, and brought them home in a Ziplock bag for further investigation😟
Here is Meg and one of her favorite games she plays with Molly.....Hide and Seek. When Molly finds her Meg usually bursts out in giggles and says "Oh, you found me, Molly!"
Meg has not learned yet to just give the dog a treat. She likes to make her really work for it, and keep working for it. Poor Molly.
Meg's version of playing Chess:
I think that is everything, and I already have pictures for the next post😀



















No comments:
Post a Comment