Sunday, July 30, 2017

Jammin' This Week

 Monday evening we went and played at the new local playground. Meg had fun riding her scooter around, some of us had fun with the basketball, and the seesaw was very popular.






 
 


 
 
 
 

 


  Meg finally collapsed onto the grass and announced that it was time to go home.

Wednesday morning I made apricot jam with a friend of mine. Myles was especially happy about this because it is his favorite!


Rheavyn made some Lemon Curd. It tastes divine.

Two of my quilts are done at the quilters and now it will be time to pick them up, drop off the other two, and start on the binding.


 




 



I love how beautiful the lady makes the quilts look💓
Rhaevyn may be acquiring another job once an evening during the week watching a little boy in our ward. 
Aeva and I traveled down to Portland Wednesday evening. This is one of my least favorite places to drive. Too many one way streets and too much traffic for me. I feel like I am holding my breath the entire time I am driving in the city. The good news is that we made it to our destination with seconds to spare, and I finally found my way home after driving over the Burnside bridge twice. We went to an orientation for a Japanese student exchange program. Aeva will be helping out with the ESL classes this coming week and going on field trips with the Japanese high school students. She will be taking the bus down to Portland, which I am a bit nervous about, but I think for my own sanity we will be picking her up down there in the evenings. I can't seem to make heads or tails of the whole transit map to make sure she gets back up here in the evenings. She is both excited and nervous about the upcoming week. 

I'm finalizing food and decorations for our ward youth conference this coming Saturday night. I am hoping it all turns out great and that the outcome looks, and tastes, as good as the ideas I have in my head 😊

No comments: