Sunday, July 31, 2016

Guess Who Came For Dinner?

Aeva's friend, Baruch, came to dinner on Thursday. She met him last year at EFY. He is from Vancouver, but he has been living in Kyrgyzstan for the past couple of years and Niger, Afica before that.They happened to be attending the same EFY session this year too. He and his family have been spending the summer here in the PNW with friends and family and have been on several camping trips since just before July. Baruch is going to be living in Berlin for the next few years. We decided, since he was in Vancouver for the week, to invite him over for a movie and dinner. He showed up with three bottles of Sparkling Cider. We had so much fun getting to know him We peppered him with lots of questions, and he was such a good sport about it. He was very nice and such a gentleman. We got to meet his parents and two of his brother as well, and they were so friendly.

Chris decided to scare everyone the other night. He was going to shave and decided to put it all over his face and then pop around various corners scaring all of us. All of us jumped, some of us laughed, and one of us cried in terror.
The girls decided to have matching outfits the other day when we went out grocery shopping. They are so much fun!! I just love them :)
I've been working on four quilts. I have the tops all done, except for one. A sweet sister in another ward has agreed to use her long-arm machine to put them together for me, and I just have to cover the cost of thread. I'm one month away from the next donation date, and I hope that these will be ready in time.
 I decided that this needed to be a bit wider and longer.
This is my one that isn't quite done. I need to add gray strips to the sides, and then it will be done.

It took me a while to arrive at the finish of this one, but I am happy with how it turned out and love the colors.


I worked entirely off of scraps and material I already had for these quilts, and I'm pretty happy with the results.
Chris painted Elsa's nails for her the other night. She loved the two colors and sparkles that he did for her.

My happy, smiley, curly top who was being a ham for the camera.

The first week of August is going to be a busy one. Hoping the rest of the summer will not be too busy and that we can enjoy that last days of summer break with a calmer pace.

No comments: