I had fun last night making valentines hearts for each of the children with some little poem or saying. I had got them all a little something that suited them and put it next to their beds. I used to do this for them, but had slacked off the last few years. One of children had brought that up; how much they loved it when I'd make Valentine's Day about them too. So, that was really fun to do this year again. I was so surprised at the gift that Chris made for me. Now I know why making two wands took two days..................he was working on my present as well. Pictures don't do it justice. It is just simply beautiful, and it is priceless since he made it himself.
Rhaevyn, Myles, and Elsa made me Valentines. I think I'm the luckiest mom in the world!
The girls keep working away on their artwork. I am just so amazed by their talent since I can really only draw stick figures.
Aeva is entering this in the library bookmark contest.
We had a bit more sunshine before the rain rolled in. The kids have enjoyed being out in the sunshine and fresh air rollerblading, taking walks, blowing bubbles, hula hooping, and drawing with chalk.
We've seen this woodpecker the past few weeks. He lands in the tree (in the neighbor's yard) right out our back sliding door. We finally got a picture of him and learned that he is a Sapsucker. He sure is pretty. As I was taking the picture of him a hummingbird came whizzing towards my face. It scared me half to death because it moved so fast towards me, and I could hear the wings beating noisily. I didn't quite realize right away that it was a hummingbird. Boy was it sure pretty.............a bright green.
Here is our mischievous little Meg starting to get tired and snuggling up with Daddy.
I have a couple of projects planned for myself this next week, and I'm hoping that I'll get to work on them. So much to do and so little time; well time that I really like to spend with the kids rather than put my hands to work on the "projects". And it's off to another wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment