Aeva made her second hat. She did it all by herself. I didn't even sit next to her for moral support. It turned out really cute.
She's had a bit of a break from Japanese, but this last week she started her second semester of it. It's organized a bit differently than the last semester. It's getting a bit harder, but she's hoping for another A. She's still doing a lot of drawing. Here are two of her latest......
The girls walked into the kitchen this morning upon returning from Seminary, and I had to do a double take with Rhaevyn. She looked slightly different. That stinker cut her hair last night. It is up to her shoulders. It looks really cute though. I 'll have to see if I can be sneaky enough to get a picture of her.
Myles has been working on a light-saber made of legos. Unfortunately, Meg took off with it and hid it somewhere, but this is the picture he took of it before it was snatched.
I started another quilt this week. I haven't decided if I want to keep the squares random or make it more of a pattern. I just put down the squares randomly when I took the picture. I was one square short, but luckily had just enough to make one more. Now to just put the top together. I have another one with the same concept using white, black, and green material.
I have trained my children well.................
This little one can be in the back bedroom and hear when someone is using the whipcream. She comes racing down the hall and practically skids into the kitchen with her mouth wide open. Who am I kidding....................They all come running!
Chris and I had a really nice Saturday. We were invited by a sister in our ward to go to the temple with her. She has worked long and hard at coming back to church. Her daughter and Aeva are really good friends. I don't think I've ever changed so fast. Her session started at one, and we pulled into the parking lot at 10 minutes 'til one. What a wonderful experience! There were sisters there from our old ward. It was really like a bit of heaven. Such a wonderful reunion. Then at 7 that evening we went over to some friends' house (Tom and Darlene) for a surprise birthday party. Darlene was turning 50. So much fun visiting with great people.
Yesterday I gave a talk on the Sabbath pertaining to after the three hours of church. I told the bishop that I had just given a talk six months ago. Our last ward was so big that it took two years to rotate through the entire ward. I guess they have been counseled now not to just go through a rotating list. If they feel inspired that someone should speak on a subject they are to go with that. Apparently, several people in ward council thought I should speak on this topic. I think this is the first talk where I did not feel nervous at all! The bishop said that if he could have put together the perfect talk for that subject it would have been the talk I gave. I can't take credit for how it turned out. It was truly all the Spirit.
We have a lot of dancing going on here. I think we have some type of music going almost all day long. Here are Elsa and Meg dancing to one of Christopher's favorite DJ's who is LDS and was featured on Studio C lately. Christopher was pretty ecstatic!
In case you feel like jumping around too and getting some exercise :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qen7he4Y7c
Hope you all have a joyful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment