Saturday, October 17, 2015

Hello, hello

Why hello..................

welcome back!

I keep thinking fall weather is here, but then 80 degree weather keeps showing up.
The leaves are certainly falling, and the trees are becoming bare.
Myles, Elsa, and Meg went outside to sweep leaves into a pile so that they could jump in it.

Last weekend Myles went over to a friend's house, and while he was there they found several tree frogs and a salamander. Myles brought the salamander home and named him Happy. We hope he is happy, as we let him go out into the leaves.









 

This was our art project from last week. Myles and Elsa had fun ripping up the paper and constructing their mummy face.
 
 

 
   Myles always loves giving me a silly face when I take pictures.
 

 

This week we made sugar cookies and delivered some to our neighbors and to our sweet friend Sister Lee. Myles informed me that sugar cookies are her favorite..............he is a good listener. She was so thrilled and even called him yesterday while she was enjoying one just to tell him how much she appreciated the cookies.
Thursday was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.
I posted the following on my project's facebook page..........................

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. A special hug to all the mothers who had to say goodbye to their sweet little one (s) before they were ready to.

 










 

















A sweet thank you to Karin Rasumussen for sending me the second picture. I really love what it says. I think too often babies who did not live long in the womb are dismissed as having really existed or mattered. 
I am amazed at how many people this post reached.................3,482.
I had several comments from mothers of angel babies.
It was a day where I truly felt the sorrow, but also the strength, of these mothers. 



One of the sisters I visit teach, who also does my hair, is expecting a baby in just a few weeks.
I went to her sister's house the other day to pick up several bins of baby clothes. The kids went with me and had fun seeing two little pigs, playing with their new puppy, and swinging on the rope and tire swings. I've been washing, folding, and sorting the clothes and blankets into piles according to size. Elsa and I have had so much fun doing this together. While it might seem like a sad thing, it has  actually been really wonderful. I love that part of getting ready for a baby......................and although it wasn't for my little one, it was such a blessing for me to be able to do it. Elsa and I are going to take all the freshly washed clothes over to her today. I emailed her last night to ask if she had some drawers ready for baby clothes, and she asked if I was her secret angel. I guess she was going to pick up the bins yesterday from her sister, but was informed she could not as the bins weren't there :) She was really surprised! Yeah, mission accomplished! Here are my sweet helpers in between laundry loads. 

Last Sunday night the kids and I sat and colored together. I drew a ninja and a dragon, but was informed by Aeva that I had a dead ninja because of how I drew his outfit.  I just had to laugh.

 

I've been pondering my time with the kids lately. I don't know if it is because I know that I may only have two to three years left with my older ones at home, or if it for some other reason, but I've just been really savoring and cherishing the time we all spend together; the things we talk and laugh about at dinner, the time spent drawing or reading together, the deep conversations we have, or just snuggling. I just want to hold onto those moments and not let them go.
We had a very intense thunder storm this morning at 5:40. I was kind of hoping all the kids would come clambering into bed with us. Alas, I had only one that climbed in bed. I'm glad I at least had one though. We watched the lightening together and waited for the thunder. I miss when I used to get more little ones hopping in bed with us because they were scared. Oh how I wish they didn't have to grow up so fast.

Aeva is scheduled for her final exam on Monday for her Japanese I class. After two weeks of waiting for her grade on her final quiz, she finally got it yesterday. I think we've all been on pins and needles. She was soooo nervous, as she is a bit of a perfectionist. She got 100%. I think that grade really surprised her. If she was nervous about the quiz, she is even more so for the final exam.
She has been working on drawing on the computer. Here is some of her latest artwork. One she actually did on the computer.


Here are just some pictures of Meg. She loves it when her siblings give her piggy back rides, but especially loves a ride on Myles's shoulders. Usually she rests her chin on the top of his head.

And lately she's had a fascination with wearing Myles's hat this way around the house.
With that run down of what we've been up to, I'll leave you until the next post :)

No comments: