A sweet lady from church surprised me with these lovely flowers. The carnations smell heavenly and are so fragrant that I can smell them just walking past them. She had put in her note that flowers have power! I think they do because I do love fresh flowers, and every time I look at them I am reminded that I was thought of.
Meg is learning to climb. She seems to be a bit of a daredevil and reminds me of Myles and Elsa at that age. Falling does not seem to curb the appeal of the adventure of heights. She got herself stuck the other day climbing up onto the chair. She couldn't figure out how to get her head out from under the table portion. Rhaevyn had to rescue her.
Watch out if Meg sees you eating anything that looks appetizing to her. She'll want you to share, and we are all pretty much obliging. We just can't turn down that cuteness. Myles shared his banana with her the other day.
Meg is going through that stage where she really only wants me. Aeva was super excited the other day when Meg actually sat with her and then fell asleep. I asked Aeva if she wanted me to put Meg in her bed, but she didn't because she was just enjoying holding Meg while she slept.
Chris made pancakes for breakfast and made one really huge one which he dubbed "The Uncle Buck" pancake.
Here is one of Aeva's latest drawings. She couldn't quite get the flash to not make it look washed out.
We had a very quiet Easter. A sweet older couple dropped by some treats and eggs for the kids to hide and find. They put them in a picnic basket because they hear Elsa talk about wanting to go on a picnic a lot. I thought that was sweet.
Thursday was a pretty hard day. I find it interesting that while you may not be able to figure out why you are having a hard day your spirit (or subconscious) can. It was just one of those days where I was on the verge of tears all day long. In the early evening I was putting folded laundry away and let the tears fall. Aeva was cute. She came up to my bedroom window and showed me a picture she had taken. She was so excited to show me that our remembering tree was getting buds. It hit me later in the evening why it was a hard day for me................it was April 2nd and March 2nd is when we had delivered our sweet baby.
Lastly, we went prom dress shopping for Rhaevyn. She was looking for more of a classic vintage style that was modest. This is when I think it would be nice to live in Utah because finding a modest dress is pretty much impossible here. We found two dresses, one of which she would need a shrug for. Aeva and I liked that one, but Rhaevyn liked the very first one she tried on. After looking at four more stores we ended up going back to get the dress she really liked. It will just need a little camisole because it dips an inch too low in the front. But it isn't too fancy, so technically she could wear it to church. I think it is something that has the look of a dinner party dress for the 50's/60's. We found her some cute flats at Payless. I think she will be all set once she finds the hairstyle she wants to wear.
I'll post pictures in two weeks when it's Prom.
We have a busy week with two birthdays!
No comments:
Post a Comment