We did some fun stuff this week.
Rhaevyn tried to put on a Japanese tea party for Aeva. It didn't work out too well because she could not find many of the ingredients that she needed, so they turned it into a birthday tea party(with a Japanese feel) for Elsa. Even Meg got to participate.
Monday we went shopping for new shoes for three of the kiddos. That was fun! Everyone came away with shoes they were happy with. I felt bad that I had not realized how small their shoes were getting.
Thursday there was no rain in the forecast, so we decided to go up to Woodland to see the tulip fields. The tulips were absolutely gorgeous. I loved the showcase field the best.
After we finished tiptoeing through the tulips we decided we weren't ready to go home. We then headed down to the Columbia River. We walked along the concrete path and then headed down to the shore. There were so many fishing boats out. Myles enjoyed skipping rocks and had a few that skipped five times. On the way home I got the kids two Frosties to share.
Elsa celebrated her 6th birthday on Tuesday.
She wanted an Angel Food cake with whipped cream and strawberries. She put the candles on the cake herself. Myles got her sidewalk chalk, Rhaevyn got her gum, and Chris and I got her a new bike and helmet. She was so excited to give her big bike a whirl.
Rhaevyn turned 16 on Friday. Her birthday is being stretched out. We didn't get to properly celebrate her birthday because her bestfriend, whose birthday is two days after hers, had her sweet 16 party Friday night/Saturday morning. I bought her a slice of her favorite cake and put 16 candles on it. Then yesterday I took her out to lunch at Quiznos. She doesn't know it, but she is in for a big surpirse next weekend. Two girls from church dropped by a sweet note and a basket of goodies on Friday and then balloons on Saturday.While she was gone at her friend's birthday party Aeva and Myles helped decorate Rhaevyn's bed.
This week I wrote thank you notes to the few nurses that played a speical roll for me at the hospital.
That was very healing. I will hopefully be going tomorrow to drop those off with the blankets.
I love ending with pictures of Meg. I can't believe she is big enough for this dress that I bought her months ago. Love our little cutie :)
No comments:
Post a Comment