We started our Friday out at Thanksgiving Point at the Museum of Ancient Life.
That was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast.Then we stopped in at The Lehi Roller Mills to pick up some blueberry muffin mix, and I had to stop at Broadbent's just to see if they had an apron that sparked my interest and also to see exactly what Broadbent's was all about. It was a cute store, but no apron that screamed "buy me." Which was probably for the best. Then of course we had to eat at In and Out because we don't have one here in our neck of the woods.
To Hill Museum we went. Here are a few pictures that we took.
Then before heading to the hotel we had to stop at Smith and Edwards. The kids didn't think they'd like it, but boy were they wrong. Everyone found a way to spend the money Oma had sent them at that place. It was probably a good thing we went when they were near closing time.
We arrived at our hotel and quickly got changed so that we could go have fun at the onsite water park.
There is nothing like going down a water slide when it is pitch dark inside the tube. Great fun!
We wore ourselves out, had dinner and went to bed.
After breakfast the next morning we hit the water park again. Great timing as no one was there yet. Chris, Rhaeyvn, and I got to go down the slide lots of times without having to wait in a long line.
Alas, the time came to get going. Boy did we have a great time.
This is a video of the outside of the hotel where you can see the water slide.
The last leg of journey was traveling back to Idaho. We had a spaghetti feast with the Lindsay Family at Matt's house. Aeva and I got a pedicure, given by Leslie, and then we left for home Sunday early afternoon.
What a wonderful family vacation we had. Lots of site seeing and lots of laughs. An all around great time. We didn't' get to see everything or everyone (that's you Sam and Karen) that we would have liked to, but then I suppose that is good because it gives us a reason to go back.
We hope you've enjoyed taking a look back at our road trip.
1 comment:
Sam again, if you would have sought out the man with the know-how I could have taken you to the store with the aprons that scream "buy me". It is Karen's favorite nook and craft store, Scrooge and Marley's. What a great name right?
I do feel the love and I know that you missed us too. Broadbents is 7 blocks from our house but I see that you did have a busy schedule. Hope we can take you to some great stores and eateries when you get another chance. :-)
Post a Comment