Friday, June 1, 2012

BYU or BUST




Wednesday on our way out of Salt Lake we hit up the Distribution Center.
That was a lot of fun.
Then it was on to BYU!

We got a 40 minute golf cart tour of the campus, watched a 15 minute movie, and then we roamed the campus as much as we could with a tired little one. After eating there we did some shopping at the BYU Bookstore and viewed two art exhibits that were amazing.





After bugging a student at the Fine Arts Center, we made our way to the office where we could inquire about a tour of the carillon. Chris was given the cell phone number of the organ professor who actually teaches classes for the carillon and then was given the cell phone number of the student who currently plays it (Steven). Steven called us back and told us to meet him at the foot of the bell tower the next day at 11:50 and we'd get our own tour. Exciting!!

 

We were pretty pooped at this point, so we headed to Sam Grabert's/The Dumas's house.
They were so sweet to let us bunk up at their house. The kids had a grand time playing with thier kids. We were well fed and well taken care of. We couldn't have asked for more gracious hosts.

 
 I took this picture because I loved the quote and I knew I'd forget it otherwise.

Next Post: The Carillon.

No comments: