Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Women at the Well and More....




Aeva was asked to sing "Daughter Arise" again in Women at the Well, which was performed for our Stake Relief Society. She picked up the song pretty quickly even though she hadn't sung it in almost three years. All the practices went well, and she was ready for the real deal.
I think I get more nervous than she does. My heart was pounding through my chest.
Just before it was time for her to sing I felt inspired to say a prayer for her.....that she would be fine and would not mess up, which looking back I find interesting because I've never worried about it the last time. I am so glad that I did. Her music started, but when she started to sing no one could hear her because the microphone was not working. Then her microphone started to work but screeched loudly and no on could hear the music. Eventually it got straightened out and we could hear her and her music just fine. My sweet Aeva did not miss a beat. She didn't freeze, she didn't stop singing, but just kept going. All the other performers were amazed at her poise and that she didn't fall apart. It didn't seem to phase her a bit. The gentleman doing the sound came up afterwards and couldn't apologize enough. He wanted to make it clear that it was not her fault, but his, and that she did great. I am so amazed by her!




This past week has been another week of baking new things.
Rhaevyn decided Wednesday afternoon she wanted to make Red Velvet Whoopies.
They turned out pretty good. They might have turned out better if I'd have had buttermilk on hand, but instead I did the substitute of vinegar and milk.
She did a great job on them.



Then I tried a cinnamon roll recipe (thank you Karen).
Oh my goodness they are delicious and super easy!
I made three pans worth. Luckily I gave a good portion away.
We made three different icings, one of which we made with orange juice and zest.



The girls and I decided their desk top needed some help. It was looking a bit battered.
So we decided to redo the top with a collage of scrapbook paper and mod podge.
I put a big piece of paper in the middle of fairies because the girls love fairies.
It just spiced their little desk up a bit.


Wishing you all a great first week of February!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love Woman at the Well. "Daughter, Arise" is probably my favorite along with "He Came For Me".
I'm glad those cinnamon rolls worked out. They really are easy and yummy too. We're having them this Sunday. I can't wait.