Friday, November 18, 2011

I'd Like To Thank........

Chris for over doing it on my highlights last night.
In my vanity I had Chris help me highlight my hair.
The kids love to see how many white hairs they can find, and I had a nightmare the other night
that I was pulling out white hair after white hair.
While I am not against white or gray hair, I don't feel I've reached the point of embracing it.
I will when I have grand kids. By that point I will consider my white hair a badge of honor.
But, being still in my 30's (barely), I want to hold on to the blondness.
Anyway, Chris usually helps me with the back of my hair because I am just not coordinated enough to pull strands of hair through the cap while holding a mirror with the other hand and seeing the reflection in the second mirror.
After looking at the end result last night I deduced that my sweet man pulled chunks of hair and not small strands of hair through the cap, and that he glomped all the solution at the crown and back of my head. Myles said I still looked beautiful, but the girls wanted to know "Mom, what are you going to do about that????!!!!!"
One of them said it looked like I had a banana at the back of my head.
So, today I devised a plan. I decided to get most of it cut off.
The gal cutting my hair said it really was not that bad and that the back actually looked really good. So in other words she was saying Chris did a really good job, and that I had failed on the part I did.
Chris will appreciate that.
In the end I am so glad that my hair was, in my words, ruined! Because I sooooo love my new hairdo. The gal put a lot of layers in, gave me some bangs, and told me to re-highlight the part that I did.
So, Thank you dear, for my new look!





In a nut shell this is what we have been up to.........
school, piano-- violin-- organ lessons, rehearsals for the upcoming church Christmas play (Nutcracker) that Myles and Aeva are in, YW projects and activities and genealogy. Rhaevyn is excited to take a bunch of names to the temple. She and Chris are going to make a date of it.
Things are busy, but will somewhat slow down after the holidays.

Just a few random pictures of Elsa.
I caught her enjoying her yogurt with feet propped up on the table while she thought no one was looking.




Rhaevyn dressed her up.
Who needs a doll when you have a life size munchkin like Elsa to dress up and play with.






Elsa has had a fascination with my makeup lately, which in some cases can be disastrous.
It's a good thing she is so darn cute!








Last Friday it was so blustery.
It actually looked like it was raining leaves from our tree. I turned to look out or front window and a barrage of leaves came right towards me. It was very cool.



I can't believe that Thanks giving is just about upon us. Then Christmas and a whole new year will be at our doorstep.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and a very safe and happy Thanks giving!

No comments: