Let me start by saying I have never been a runner and never had the desire to be one.
I thought people who ran were crazy.
Oh if my PE teachers could only see me now!
Today I ran a whopping 20 minutes without stopping.
I honestly was not sure, when I started out, if I was gonna make it.
After 10 minutes I thought, okay, I am halfway done and if I could do the first 10 minutes I can certainly finish the next 10 minutes.
At 3 minutes left I was screaming "Tawanda!!!!!" inside my head. That is my new word of encouragement from Fried Green Tomatoes.
I have never run 20 minutes and never thought in this life time I ever would.
I will say, while it felt good to do it, I'd take childbirth any day over running.
I still have 4 weeks left of the program.
Here's to four more weeks and longer runs!!!
TAWANDA!!!!!!
Here is my "I did it" pose.
Yipee!!
No comments:
Post a Comment