Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Week Of Mylestones

This week Myles learned to jump rope.
I told him that out of our kids he is the one to learn to do it before hitting five, so far. We will have to see if Elsa breaks that record. I remember Rhaevyn hitting that accomplishment in first grade. What an exciting Mylestone, Myles!!

You can do it, buddy! Just keep trying, just keep trying.

Myles wanted to go the dollar store so badly to spend his dollar.
He bought himself a jump rope just perfect for his size and one that won't hurt.

Myles tried origami this week too.
Any guesses on why Myles picked a Penguin? Anyone?
Ben? (Hint, hint).
He did pretty good, with a bit of help.


Mr. Penguin has one green eye and one blue eye.
Just in case it doesn't survive until we see you next, Ben, here is a picture for you.

Aeva and I did a bit of crafting while Elsa took a nap.
We each painted a huge clothes pin and then mod podged some scrap-booking paper onto them.
This is Aeva's clothes pin.

At the store the sample had it as a photo holder.

I bought four and have in mind to use them for a bigger project.
Maybe I will get to that project soon.
Here is my first attempt.




And here is my buy of the week.
So, our stapler bit the dust, and I have been holding out on getting a new one.
I received a five dollar off rewards coupon plus a 20% off coupon from Staples. I figured that was a sign. So I headed over to Staples and picked this up for........drum roll please........
11 cents. I had to pay $5.11 upfront, but I am getting a $5 rebate.
Aeva and I were practically dancing out of the store.

Aeva tried out origami this week too.
She made three fortune tellers, a snake, a turtle, a lady bug and a grasshopper.


On Monday all of us girls painted our nails.
Elsa kept looking at her toes all day and would say "Pretty!"

On Sunday I sat out in the car the last hour of church with Aeva.
She had a bad headache, so I let her just lay down in the front seat.
At one point she happened to look up at the sky out the side window and
exclaimed that there was a rainbow in the sky.
I thought that was strange because it wasn't rainy, in fact the the sky was perfectly clear.
I rolled down the window and poked my head out.
Well, there was a rainbow in a sense. It was a ring around the sun.
That was so cool to see. All the kids thought it was simply amazing and it gave us something to look up on the computer and learn about.

Big Brother pushing Little Sister.....on the swing.

Last but not least, here is a little video of Elsa swinging.
She hit a milestone too.
Now, while this milestone is exciting it is also bittersweet.
I always thought the "baby" of the family was supposed to let the mommy actually enjoy making the baby's babyhood last. Perhaps that is in the world according to me. In the world according to Elsa the "baby" is supposed to run to catch up with all the things the siblings are doing.
My baby has learned to swing on her own. While we still love to push her on the swing, she really doesn't need any help at all. I think she has hit this mark sooner than all my other ones.
At least kids never seem to outgrow the love of having mommy or daddy push them on the swing.

Wishing you all a very safe, fun and enjoyable Independence Day.
Happy 4th of July!

No comments: