Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Girls Camp

I wish I had a picture to go with this entry. I did take one, but them my camera card went bad, so I am unable to retrieve the really cute picture I took of Rhaevyn just before she left for camp.
She had on her new lime green shirt, her new ultra cool sunglasses and was sporting a blue backpack filled to the hilt. I am glad that they just had to park and unload at the camp site, as she also had a huge and full duffel bag, sleeping bag, pillow and camping chair.
She was so excited for her first year of Girl's Camp. She couldn't even sleep the night before she left.
This year camp was help at Rainbow Falls, which is roughly over an hour north of us. There was sunshine long enough for the tents to be raised, and then down came the rain. We got to talk to Rhaevyn Thursday night. She was having a ball even though ditches had to be dug due to flooding at their campsite and her tent had flooded. Wednesday we had sent up another coat and blanket and extra garbage bag to put her wet stuff in.
The great rainy northwest weather did not deter her spirit. She absolutely loved camp and can't wait for next year. They had a great group of girls and leaders, and for that I am so thankful.
It was a bit hard to be without her. She was definitely missed. Aeva was having the hardest time without her. I've been away from Rhaevyn here and there, but not for more than 24 hours. However, Miss Aeva has never been without her sister, and she simply looked lost most of the time. They all wanted to go with me to pick Rhaevyn up on Saturday, and they jumped out of the car the minute they saw her and surrounded her with arms full of love and hearts that had been missing her. We got her home, unpacked, into a nice warm shower and even though she was tired she couldn't stop talking about camp and giving us a full account of all the events of the week.
She was quite the trooper we have heard. We are so grateful that she had a fabulous time, but we sure are glad to have our Rhae of Sunshine back home!

No comments: