Aeva got a call from the eye doctor yesterday saying that her glasses were in. She was thrilled, as this was two weeks earlier than expected. She absolutely loves them and was happy that she needed glasses. I remember feeling this way too, when I got glasses in the sixth grade. I quickly became un-thrilled with mine. Of course, mine weren't as cute as hers. I hope the excitement she has over hers lasts.
The picture seems a bit blurry. It seems like it is either lines or blurriness these days with the camera, but I think you can pretty well see the general design of each one. I have had some inquiries about the boy pacifier strings. We shall see if anything becomes of that.
Rhaevyn got some exciting news yesterday. I was telling her teacher that Rhaevyn was teaching herself to play Ashokan Farewell by ear. Her teacher gave her some incentive to actually read the music from her lessons instead of memorize it. She has the next two weeks off from lessons. So, if in that time she can show that she can read the music, her teacher said they'd jump ahead, she would buy the music for Ashokan Farewell, and teach Rhaevyn to play it.
Rhaevyn is soooo excited about this.
I think one of the best things about being a parent is seeing your child find something they love to do and really put themselves into it. It is such a joy to see their faces light up when they've found a talent they didn't know they had.
No comments:
Post a Comment