Monday, July 19, 2010

Life's a

Bowl of Cherries!



The other day Myles stood outside the back door, while Elsa and I sat on the floor next to the door and ate cherries. They were so good and sweet, just like life right now.

While my mom was here she helped me pick out a paint color for my room.
While I painted, she shredded my huge box of papers. Chris reminded me that he helped too.
Boy, did we appreciate that being gone and out of the way.
On one of our outings while my mom was here we took her to walk old town Battle Ground.
There isn't a whole lot there, but there are some cute antiquish stores. At one of them I saw this painting lying on a table. I immediately fell in love with it and had a sudden connection to it.
I decided I would splurge and get it because I just couldn't put it down.
My mom surprised me and got it for me. Thanks, mom!


I have taken three shots of it so you can kind of piece it together.
It was hard to get a good shot of it.


Can you see why I love it yet?
It is my girls!!!
Two with really dark hair that are quite older than the youngest in the picture, who has blond hair.
Chris likes to tease me and asks "Where is Myles in that picture?"


I call it "The Three Sisters."

I had a frame with no glass in it, and wanted to recycle/reuse it and not throw it away.
I was trying to come up with a way to either use it in my room or the girls' room.
And a thought of inspiration came to me.
I bought a quarter of material for under a dollar, two kinds of ribbon that would go with my room, and Rhaevyn picked out some buttons for me and I made this............

But something was still missing.
I love quotes and my mom had happened to mention
one that she liked while she was here.
I just changed it a bit.
It didn't show up too well in this picture, but it says....

"Four of my greatest blessings call me Mother."

Well, thanks to Christopher's handy work, the insulation was installed, the holes in the bedroom and kitchen were sheet rocked and puttied. The bedroom was textured in the one spot. The walls were painted and Chris did the ceiling and touch ups for me. Chris picked out and put up the new light, curtain rod and roller shade. Last Wednesday the carpet guy came and installed the padding and put the carpet back down. He even went the extra mile and put the closet door on and took a ripple out of the carpet in front of the kitchen entry. He really was great.


So it was just time to wait for Chris to get home to put the baseboards back on and move the furniture back in.The kids made good use of the time and space. First they got all the Legos and little people stuff and played in there. They loved being able to spread everything out in the empty room. Then they ran around. I loved the echo of their laughter and yelping.
Time to move the furniture in.


Here is the almost end result.
Since these were taken we put up a bookshelf
and will probably get one more for the school books.
I will have to take another updated picture.
Oh how nice it is to have our bedroom back.
It is like our little oasis.
No more world maps on the wall or periodic table.
Homeschooling things have made way for nice pictures and quotes now.






I love quotes and this is my whiteboard of quotes about life, faith and being a mom.

Life feels like it is getting back to normal now that the living room and couch aren't our bedroom and bed. The girls room is almost done as well, which means it is about time to try and move Elsa in. Myles now has his room back. Evey thing seems more light and less cluttered.
We just have the kitchen left to be textured and painted, but at least the room is done, so I am not as worried about getting it done right now.
Will post more pictures of the rooms once everything is done and in its place.

No comments: