Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Birthday My Boy, Myles!

My sweet little guy turned four!
I was just looking back at some of the old blog posts at how little he was.
Now he is a year away from starting Kindergarten.
What a ball of fun and energy he is.
I am so thankful that our family has been blessed with this mischievous, energetic, sweet boy of ours.
We celebrated Myles's birthday on Thursday because my mom was here, but would be leaving Friday.
He chose pizza for his birthday dinner and picked out a chocolate pie.
On the way home from buying his pie he kept saying, "but I wanted cake."
Cake, cake, cake is what was coming from the back seat.
I was feeling a bit guilty because I knew he had wanted cake, but being that it was 98 degrees here. I thought well, a pie would be nice and cool and half the price of a store bought cake and better tasting.
Realizing that I was making no headway with..."But you picked out a really yummy chocolate pie", I finally said, "Oh yes, that is cake you picked out and boy does it look yummy.
The back seat suddenly became quiet.
The funny thing is, he was more excited about his birthday presents then eating his piece of pie, which ended up getting mauled by Elsa.

So, we decorated his cake, ate pizza and bread sticks, sang happy birthday and opened presents.
It was a very fun birthday celebration.





Happy Birthday to Myles.


Oma got the perfect card for Myles.
He loves to hum along with it, and
he still carries it around and listens to it.


Myles got airplanes from Oma and Opa.
He carries all of them around at a time.

Aeva picked out this remote control car from Toy Story. For the past three months, every time I went to Winco with him, Myles would ask to look at and hold the box with the car and ask if I could buy it for him.

I would say no, and he would put the box back on the shelf and stare longingly at it as we walked away. He was so thrilled when he opened the present.
Ever the practical gifter, I got him pajamas. Rhaevyn spent her own money and got him a Star Wars action figure.
For his birthday present to Myles, Chris took him out to eat at McDonald's, as he'd been wanting a Fillet-a-Fish. Then the two of them went for a walk around Battle Ground Lake and to the library, at which he checked out Star Wars books to bring home for each of us.
Ah, my little guy is growing up so fast.

No comments: