Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lots to Say

Be Prepared for many pictures and videos on this blog.
Because there was so much to pack into this post, there is no order to it.

The girls went to a two day Achievement Day Camp last week on Thursday and Friday.
There were about seven different Achievement Day groups there.
I dropped them off at 9:30 in the morning and then picked them up at 3 (Thursday) and 4 (Friday). They had a blast. It was good for me and them, as I had to let go a bit.
Aeva was very glad that she had changed her mind and decided to go.
Originally she said no way because the bathrooms had spiders and spiderwebs.
They learned about first aid, made little first aid kits, played games, went on a hike, made crafts and their group even had its own cheer.


They each got a hat and have various "doodles" on it for things they did.


Friday they made these plant boxes and painted rocks.
This is Rhaevyn's.

This is Aeva's.

Friday evening we (the girls and I) took Myles to "Chuckee Cheeses" as he call it.
Chris hung out at Barnes and Nobles until we were done. We figured that would be better for Elsa's ears. Myles was absolutely thrilled. This is all he talked about for a month before his birthday. I went online and printed out a coupon for 20 free tokens so we could go.

We started off with ski ball, but I realized this was a bit dangerous because he was throwing the balls and they were landing three lanes over. So, I finished up that game for him, and we took him to the bowling game.


You can't really tell in this picture, but he is clapping his hands,
jumping up and down and saying "yesssss" after rolling the ball.



He was pretty good with the Whack-a-Mole game.

Every time I thought we were done, out of tokens and ready to leave Rhaevyn would show up with a handful of tokens she had found on the floor. Both she and Aeva found several handfuls of tickets as well. Moral of story, we really don't need to pay for tokens when Rhaevyn has such a knack for finding them.
Once we were finally done at Chuckee Cheese we headed over to Target so Myles could spend his gift card he got from Oma and Opa. He has been having fun with the water gun he picked out there. He also got water color paints, along with a new pair of shoes for him to grow into.

Elsa is now rolling over. I can hardly believe it.
I practiced a bit with her on Thursday, getting her on her side and letting her hold onto my finger and pull herself the rest of the way.
Friday she rolled over twice for me and once for Chris all by herself.
Saturday I put her on her back and then went into the kitchen to check dinner. When I peeked back around to check on her this is how I found her.

I was finally able to get proof on video that she really is rolling over.



While the girls were at camp it was awfully quiet at times around the house, especially with my two little ones napping at the same time.



Thursday we celebrated Myles' birthday. He picked out a chocolate cream pie.
Thanks to Oma and Opa he had some great decorations.
He now sleeps with these cars.....all of them. He barricades them underneath his stuffed animals.








Grandma and Grandpa Lindsay sent Myles
a present to do with his favorite Disney Character.

None other than Lightning McQueen.




Happy birthday Myles!
I was trying to get proof of Elsa rolling over, but it didn't happen in this video. However, she kept smiling and I thought I would just share her wonderful smile with all of you.



So far this week the kids have been busy playing outside in the morning/early afternoon and then coming in later when it is hot. Myles chased me around the driveway yesterday with his squirt gun, and we both got a good laugh at my soaked pants and shirt.While I was attempting to fold laundry he kept knocking on the door and ringing the doorbell because he wanted to tell me he loved me and give me a hug and kiss. It took me quite a while to get the laundry done, but it was sure worth it. I picked up some movies from the library, so we could watch those when it gets too hot in the afternoon. Today we watched the Masterpiece Theater version of Pollyanna.
Okay, enough of my rambling.

1 comment:

robin said...

Jen, I just love your ramblings. you are without a doubt the best little mother I know!